This is just starting to get weird now

The TV presenters also said three White House officials had told them the National Enquirer would publish a negative article about them unless they apologised to Mr Trump for their scrutiny of him.

Mr Scarborough said: “They said, ‘if you call the president up and you apologise for your coverage then he’ll pick up the phone and basically spike the story.’”

“I had, I will just say, three people at the very top of the administration calling me.”

Ms Brzezinski said reporters from the supermarket tabloid began harassing her family.

“They were calling my children,” she said. "They were calling close friends.

“These calls persisted for quite some time and then Joe had the conversations that he had with the White House where they said ‘oh, this could go away’.”

How very Nixonian.

13 Likes

I know there are very real human costs to everything that’s happened since the election, and that shit ain’t funny, but holy shit are we living in an actual 3 ring circus now or what? Paddy Chayefsky couldn’t think up a tenth of this shit if he huddled in a writers’ room for a week with Kurt Vonnegut, Dorothy Parker, H.L. Mencken, Aaron Sorkin, Mark Twain, Margaret Atwood, and Jonathan Swift.

18 Likes

Nixon was better at it.

11 Likes
7 Likes

6 Likes

This is just starting to get weird now

Erm… just now? Starting?

sorry, had to say it. :wink:

12 Likes

It’s disturbing what happens when avowed enemies of the federal government has control of the federal government.

9 Likes

I was also thinking these actions taken by the WH sounded a bit Scientological.

eg:

Though the actions were not quite as meticulously diabolical as the Scientologists, we must remember the administration is currently heavily under-staffed.

5 Likes

That would make a wonderful burn epitaph:
“For every nasty thing he tried, ultimately someone else was simply better at it.”

12 Likes

Weird enough yet?

He is China’s greatest argument against democracy.

15 Likes

I saw that on twitter and screamed into a pillow.

He can barely covfefe by himself, how did he mod a video? He must have had help, but who? Ivanka?

10 Likes

He just retweeted a video that had been posted in reddit in the /r Trump subreddit which he has previously shown he follows, or someone on his staff follows.

8 Likes

Clinton won the popular vote. Trump is not democracy’s fault.

10 Likes

President -> Electoral college biased toward rural voters + voter suppression
Senate -> Biased toward rural voters + voter suppression
House -> Gerrymandered in favor of rural voters + voter suppression
Supreme Court -> Stolen justice

Where would the Republicans be if we were playing on a level field?

5 Likes
4 Likes

I would say that the state of the Middle East is that, since it was brought about by democratic states (Britain, France, the US)

Edit - China is used to dealing with bonkers heads of State. They even have dealings with Mugabe, who looks like Trump’s role model.

4 Likes