Today I Screwed Up

The thread for venting your screw-ups and mistakes.

Today I screwed up a Wordpress-based site by violating the 2PM Friday rule applying a fix and then accidentally disabling a plugin the theme depended on. Whoops!

At least the backups worked. (Don’t forget to set up off-site backups, too)

10 Likes

That reminds me…

9 Likes

TIFU by trying to sit by person #1 at lunch I thought I might be befriending, who didn’t notice me, and incidentally across from person #2 who seemed to not understand why I was sitting there, so I grew flustered and as person #1 continued to not acknowledge me I felt it harder & harder to re-introduce myself and scooted over across from coworker #3, therefore cementing #2’s probably growing opinion that I must be some random weirdo. I will now curl up in a ball and die from this minor weird social interaction which I will replay thousands of times past the point anyone ever remembers it*.

*(or not, because there are entire forums where ppl complain that A Person Of Enceladus’s Minority Demographic Did An Awkward Therefore They Are All Awful And Must Be Removed From Society)

14 Likes

This is an eerily accurate description of what happens when I try to befriend someone new. A friend and I actually have an ongoing out-awkward competition for precisely this kind of social interaction.

11 Likes

Me everyday I leave the house. You are not alone if that helps.

11 Likes

It does help, thanks <3

8 Likes

If you want to go for the gold take one half of your sandwich and swap it with marks while saying nothing.

5 Likes

Reminds me of Douglas Adams’ biscuits story

4 Likes

Remember to leave a note saying so long and thanks for all the sandwiches.

2 Likes

You are some random weirdo, and we love you for it

5 Likes