Toward Better Communications on the BBS

My hands are relatively small, even for a woman. And still, I prefer a Galaxy Note because of the stylus. I can’t imagine how much more difficult it would be for those with large hands.

5 Likes

Which option (web or app) is supposed to use people’s data plans more efficiently?

1 Like

App probably doesn’t support the mute tool, so flags will be key to alerting mods to developing situations.

4 Likes

I probably wouldn’t want to type out and edit an essay on my phone but Gboard + haptic feedback make up for a lot of the misery of smartphone typing.

I have a personal S7 and an iPhone 6 for work, both of which have Gboard installed because trying to type with anything else makes me want to pitch the phone into the nearest solid surface at high velocity.

I also have big hands and even though the S7 is smaller, I much prefer typing on it than on the iPhone because of the haptic feedback. I can touch-type on the S7 for brief periods but I never feel like I’m pressing anything on the iPhone.

I don’t think I have ever posted here from my PC, even though I’m a much faster typist with a full keyboard. The experience on my phone(s) isn’t so much slower or so unpleasant that I ever feel the need to switch on my PC, log into Windows, fire up Chrome and log in to the site to avoid it.

In fact, the slower typing speed on a phone helps me to consider my sentence structure more and gives me more time to think through ideas as I try to explain my thoughts…

5 Likes