Um.... what.... aka, this is the dumbest thing I've ever read

Nope. I won’t believe it isn’t satire. You can’t make me.

5 Likes

In your dreams #beta boy. You think u can stand chance in my domain…

4 Likes

You may have untold eldritch power at your fingertips, but my capacity for willing self-delusion is unrivalled.

6 Likes

Hey, get a room.

6 Likes

That’s kind of when catfishing scams start to fall apart.

10 Likes

4 Likes

You can’t fix stupid.

13 Likes

And then you can go onto defeat the flying brains.

3 Likes

By making them leave for no good raisin.

6 Likes

ooh these cultural appropriation controversies are getting feisty

subheading:

Screen%20Shot%20175

“looted”?

5 Likes

This would be a lot easier if dirndls and leather shorts were cool. They are not.

Maybe dirndls. But that’s gazey.

3 Likes
6 Likes

Carolina Herrera is Venezuelan. Venezuelan folk costume looks like this:

The Mexican flowers are interesting. It so happens I have an embroidered jacket made in Mexico (by a Mexican designer), and people from all over the world have come up to me and insisted it looks like it’s from their country. Russians, Hungarians, Spaniards, Chinese.

Those black cover-ups from the Herrera collection look a lot like the cushions my Croatian grandmother embroidered for her living room. I’m sure to a Mexican they look immediately Mexican, but my Mexican jacket looks immediately Russian to a Russian.

I’m sure Herrera is appropriating, but I also know even traditional cultures have a lot of overlap (and even more so in cultures affected by colonisation).

10 Likes

All I can think about is how that picture maps to me just listening to The Dollop’s episode about the War On Pants:

http://thedollop.libsyn.com/53-battle-of-the-pants

Which in turn makes me think that if women someday get pants with real pockets, men are going to have to get gowns for real ceremonies.

6 Likes

i have been advocating men’s skirts and dresses for years now. BRING IT ON.

13 Likes

I mean…

18 Likes

You know, … I can’t argue.

10 Likes

Literally no one can…

12 Likes

“That’s mine!”
“No, it’s mine!”
“Ok, children, it’s time for us to learn about sharing.”
nuclear warfare intensifies

The world needs some sort of international kindegarten teacher for the adults that didn’t pay attention back then and are now in some sort of power.

6 Likes

As soon as the people old enough to know better have all had their turn.

6 Likes