Um.... what.... aka, this is the dumbest thing I've ever read

Here’s an image you can use in the future if need be

13 Likes

It’s the perfect drink to take along when you split to go fission.

10 Likes

I’d drink it. Best Case - Super Powers. Worse Case - Cancer. (And with my genetics, the latter is largely a forgone conclusion)

That is perfect to save in my “Replies Folder” I keep on my work PC for those times when a picture says more than a thousand words.

9 Likes

Nuka-Cola!!!

10 Likes

Regular or diet?

7 Likes

Quantum.

7 Likes

So you don’t know how many calories you’ve had until you observe the results on the scale?

7 Likes

this ^^^

4 Likes

If that’s anything like Stevia, no thanks! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

Or sorbitol or topirimate or…

3 Likes

It was Nuka-Cola with some radiation in it. Made it glow blue.

6 Likes
7 Likes

Yeah, “an apocalyptic war arising from racial tensions between blacks and whites” in a Cathedral would be a mistake. At the very least, the space constraints would limit the apocalyptic potential…

oh, wrong kind of helter skelter. Nevermind…

8 Likes

That was my first thought too. But that wasn’t always its definition, there’s also more positive uplifting things like “undue haste, confusion, or disorder”, and “marked by a lack of order or plan”. Those still don’t really sound like positive things to associate with your religion. But I don’t know what kind of sermons they’re preaching there.

I did one time at halloween go to a haunted house put on by a church which was all about how we’re all going to hell. It was, as you can imagine, super-hokey, but kinda fun in that hokiness. Maybe they’re going for something like that.

5 Likes

Me personally. I think it’s super cool!

5 Likes

Being a little more serious… without the picture, I never would have associated “helter skelter” with the carnival ride. I think I’ve seen 'em before, but never really associated the name with it. I’m sure they’re not at all focusing on any possible symbolism with the name, which makes it weird that they actually have it on a sign.

It’s even more surprising that it’s an actual carnival ride, and not just something like it constructed there. I have to wonder how many “no, really, I think this will work!” discussions there were behind it.

And now I’m wondering what a haunted house based around Dante’s Inferno would be like, hokey or otherwise.

8 Likes

Not the most flattering of images. The red eye effect on Reubens is particularly disconcerting. Golina looks like a deer in the headlights, and Arsenio Hall is looking elsewhere.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Does this mean we can finally get back to menus that don’t need 3 paragraphs of hipster gibberish to explain what a hamburger is? Or that we’ll finally once again be able to order a salad that doesn’t have “essence of locally-sourced fair-trade organic Moroccan penguin wingpit fluff over a reduction of urchin paste” in it?

I like trying new things, but eating at restaurants got really weird and a bit annoying there for awhile. I would not call that the golden age of food.

7 Likes

At least bean sprouts aren’t on every salad anymore.

6 Likes