Um.... what.... aka, this is the dumbest thing I've ever read

Well, if we’re talking about “independent fine-casual dining spots”, pub fare is still very tasty, maybe just not as pretentious. As long as the pubs keep serving good vittles, “independent fine-casual dining” ain’t dead.

11 Likes

This is the first I’ve heard of this movie.

Satire or not, it sounds like a very bad idea.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Isn’t this just a version of “The Most Dangerous Game”?

8 Likes

Why would they need to kidnap people when private prisons already force prisoners to be chased by dogs in real life?

And WTF is so “liberal” about hunting humans for sport? Oh right, “very fine people on both sides”. The libruls aren’t any better than the Trumpeters. Of course not.

With @chgoliz on The Most Dangerous Game. Looks like a few scenes in the trailer were swiped from Kill Bill too (the kitchen knife fight for one).

10 Likes

Not only that, but these “liberals” are “rich elites”. Who seem to be preying on the poor, downtrodden “deplorables”.

I’ve been seeing news stories about this for the past few days, and every description of it just makes me think the political subtext is the sort of thing that can only piss off EVERYONE, to no good result.

11 Likes
8 Likes

I was afraid to watch that. To me it doesn’t seem like Libtards versus Deplorables. It seems more like class warfare. SO that’s why Trump is against it!

You’re both wrong! You need to see more z-grade movies. Let me tell you what this is: it is a remake of the mid-80s cheese-fest “Deadly Prey,” but with a big budget and added political commentary.

Although I would recommend seeing this version:

8 Likes

“…in a film so violent, it can not be rated”

5 Likes

SEE ALSO: The Ice-T vehicle Surviving the Game and the first episode of Galaxy Express 999

4 Likes

“limousine liberals” and neoliberals-- who really have nothing to do with each other, but that would assume that the scriptwriters are capable of coherence.

6 Likes

Crystal bumps into another survivor, Don, and the two compare notes. From what they can gather, the hunters are rich liberal elites who targeted all of them because they promoted hate-speech and gun violence and lots of other conservative talking points on social media. Not long after, they spot train tracks and hop the next train that comes along. This is when they learn they’re in freaking Croatia! Once they get to a station, they demand to talk to Americans. Lucky for them, someone from the local American consulate shows up to take them home. I think you’re catching on here. Crystal isn’t so sure about this dude so she puts a bullet in his head. She realizes that if she’s going to get out of here alive, she needs to find the snake. And when she does? Chop its head off.

none of that political subtext makes it in to the teaser or the trailer.

6 Likes

So basically he’s remaking Hostel, which is also one of his previous films.

7 Likes

Ok but are you gamma to try it?

3 Likes

Wish I’d said that.

“You will, Oscar, you will.”

3 Likes
10 Likes
10 Likes

People just keep saying the quiet part out loud.

Smh

8 Likes

17 Likes

Sometimes, it’s hyperbole. Sometimes, it really is the stupidest thing I’ve ever read.

13 Likes