Um.... what.... aka, this is the dumbest thing I've ever read

Not the dumbest, but pretty dumb.

4 Likes

In the House of Commons???

2 Likes

What kind of misogynistic bullshit is this?

“surrendered male”… WTF?

the outlet seems to be from Pakistan? :grimacing:

5 Likes

Not quite “read”, but “seen”…

The newsfeed image/article:

The image that was on the actual article (the Southern Living article doesn’t seem to exist now, the link I’d saved for it just this morning doesn’t go anywhere now)

I would have probably kept scrolling past in my newsfeed if my brain hadn’t screeched to a halt trying to reconcile “youngest black law school graduate” with the image that was next to it, so I guess as clickbait it worked?

6 Likes

Ha ha ha. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

An excerpt from Science 4 for Christian Schools.

More excerpts, if you also can’t avoid looking at the train wreck:

The faculty of Bob Jones University have stood for the “absolute authority of the Bible since 1927” and their amazing toll-free number, 1-800-BJ-AND-ME, still works. Jesus Christ, this means their business model of making dumb people dumber for money has been working for over 90 years.

:scream:

6 Likes

The Leader invented Morse code…

3 Likes

Uh… Not sure what Samuel Morse has to do with Bob Jones University?

2 Likes

Fuck these worthless grifting sonsabitches.

2 Likes

Mrs. Krabappel : And who can tell me where thunder and lightning come from? Yes, Bart!?

Bart : The Leader, ma’am.

Mrs. Krabappel : Very good, Bart! And who invented Morse code?

Bart : Oh… I should know this one! Th… The Leader!?

Mrs. Krabappel : Ah! Correct again.

Lisa : (yelling) He’s wrong! You’re wrong!! The whole damn system is wrong!! (She screams and kicks the table)

Mrs. Krabappel : What’s the matter Lisa? You used to be such a good student. Don’t you want to please your teachers and get good grades?

Lisa : (sighs) Grades!?

4 Likes

Ah, ok, gotcha. Haven’t seen that one. Thank you :smiley:

5 Likes

Because cars aren’t inherently inaccessible, and there aren’t already too many cars making places less accessible.

5 Likes

Yeah, they also forget about (wait for it)…MAINTENANCE & INSURANCE.

I’m the perfect example of this: I was given a 2004 Toyota Solara back in October 2019 by someone who didn’t turn me into a sycophant by doing so.

It needs an oil change ($30), a new tire ($50>), a flush-and-fill (?), and I only buy insurance ($150/month) once a year so I can get my license tabs. ($93 annually)

Who is this guy? Lemme at him!!!

5 Likes

What the hell? That’s a terrible idea. Just focus more on public transit, making it more accessible, especially outside of cities… That’s a far better solution to the issues of mobility that people have. I mean, humanity lived without cars for most of our existence. I think we can probably come up with a better solution that’s more environmentally sustainable, accessible, etc.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Without Keith Moon, though, could they truly govern?

4 Likes

If it weren’t so scary that people believe this kind of crap, this would also belong in the Random Silly Grins thread.

I think Fox News is using blipverts to Cuisinart people’s brains, like in Max Headroom.

4 Likes

Well, if they come in on a platform of replacing all on-hold music with Quadrophenia, I might be convinced. If they can bring back Mod style, I’m all in.

Sorry, @Nonentity I had no choice but to continue the joke, because this is indeed the dumbest thing. So fuckin’ ridiculous that it makes me regret the brief period in the 90s when I thought she had a real thought in her head.

4 Likes

meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

3 Likes

'zackly.

2 Likes