Um.... what.... aka, this is the dumbest thing I've ever read

1 Like
2 Likes

It’s a depressingly common thing:

3 Likes
7 Likes

There are obviously many other issues with this garbage, but: “scorching desert outback of Tasmania”?!

9 Likes

Someone clearly never learned that “desert” =/= “hot”. And on top of that, neglected to look up the environment of the specific area they were talking about.

It’s nice of them to pretty much detail the entire plot in the blurb, though. Saves anyone from having to read the thing.

5 Likes

How much would the sea level fall if every ship were removed all at once from the Earth’s waters?
—Michael Toje

About six microns—slightly more than the diameter of a strand of spider silk.

The oceans are currently rising at about 3.3 millimeters per year due to global warming (through both glacial melting and thermal expansion of seawater).

At that rate (normalized for seasonal variation and short-term fluctations), if you removed every ship from the ocean, the water would be back up to its original average level in 16 hours .

6 Likes

Amusing comment:

Melt the ice caps. Less ice = less stuff floating in the water, therefore lower sea levels. JOB WELL DONE.

5 Likes

This Republican wants to eliminate all ships, and he probably blames Biden for supply chain problems.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Did whoever wrote this ever read the original story by Mary W. Shelley, I wonder?

3 Likes

To be fair, they were probably the sorts to be traumatized by Ayn Rand long before reading Shelley…

2 Likes
6 Likes

As far as I know the only harm coming from infrared is macular degeneration in the eyes and at high levels, spontaneous human combustion. No good except to kill sperm faster (through heating) and maybe, maybe increase testosterone production to compensate. But I doubt that could be proven.

Lotta bad takes out there though, confusing one deep end of the visible spectrum with the other.

4 Likes

To be fair, I was primed by seeing this other video earlier today, which (among other things) shows what might be someone doing this… which looks like they’re posing naked above someone’s backyard swimming pool with a space heater pointed directly at their groin. And, uh… I have to wonder how much they expect idiots to pay for this wonderful “treatment”.

Surprised Tucker isn’t going all the way and pushing “taint tanning”.

6 Likes
2 Likes

Earlier this week, the anti-vax “Vaccine Police” leader Christopher Paul Key, who set out on a road trip seeking to conduct citizen’s arrests of Democratic governors and was arrested for criminal trespass, urged his followers to swear off COVID-19 inoculation and to instead drink their own urine as a cure.

As it turns out, the anti-vaccine activist got that unscientific medical advice from Dr. Edward Group, a chiropractor who is a pal of Alex Jones, and who sells online coursework for learning the benefits of drinking the “golden nectar.”

If you prefer not to drink your own urine, Group also suggests gargling, snorting, or injecting it. Elsewhere, he has recommended massaging muscles with urine, or using it as a decongestant. “I found that it works really well with pain,” Group said during a late December video vouching for his “urotherapy,” which lacks any clinical or scientific medical backing.

Nevertheless, Group seems to be a true believer: “I have been drinking about a half-gallon a day for roughly about four months,” he admitted in one video.

4 Likes

There, I fixed it.

4 Likes

3 Likes
2 Likes