Um.... what.... aka, this is the dumbest thing I've ever read

The brainworm got everywhere, riding human bodies out of Antarctica and filling the world with murderous nonsense.

This is a The Thing reference.

3 Likes

arthur blink

9 Likes
3 Likes

The man - named by police as Cory Wayne Patterson - was arrested after landing in a field, having circled near Tupelo, Mississippi, for hours.

4 Likes

And remember: John Wayne (the actor) was named Marion Morrison, which was considered to be an effeminate name.

Can you imagine the psychological damage inflicted upon him and other actors and actresses who were told their names (which many of them were raised to believe were never to be sullied and always to be upheld with respect) weren’t good enough for their profession?

1 Like

Not just "Wayne"s either. John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald; there’s something about people who go by three names, although Neil Patrick Harris seems to be in the clear, murder-wise.

4 Likes
2 Likes

perhaps if we are known for committing a famous crime, journalists will tend to identify us by what it says on our mugshot, which is copied from our driver’s license, which has our full name on it :confused:

7 Likes

(Correction: she’s explicit that it’s not drug dealers, it’s illegals. Who have houses. And are drug dealers. :man_facepalming: )

8 Likes

I am not even convinced they all believe it. I think it’s a loyalty test. Are you willing to spew absolute bald-faced bullshit in public, just to perform your allegiance to MAGA? Then you are on the inside, and everyone else is the enemy.

Same with the classroom littler boxes for children “identifying as cats” shit pile. Will you debase yourself to show fealty to your overlords?

It’s some Phyllis Schlafly level bullshit, like when she railed against the ERA. She showed her loyalty to the patriarchy and was praised. It’s also why Walker is getting so much support, he debased himself to the white supremacists, in hopes of some kind of reward.

9 Likes

Well, the persistent myth of scary people wanting to put drugs, razor blades, etc, into the candy they hand out to kids for no apparent reason and with a really high chance of being caught isn’t a MAGA thing… it’s been around for ages, with just as much earnest intensity.

Lumping the blame on a MAGA/FOX News boogyman is a bit new, but I wouldn’t jump to saying they don’t believe it.

4 Likes
2 Likes

This seems like a “joke” from The Adventures of Pluto Nash.

2 Likes

All I can think about is that a huge percentage of cops are domestic abusers. Putting a tracking device that cops can track on cars is a risk to women’s safety.

8 Likes
3 Likes

Could we be underestimating the stupidity of the UK?

3 Likes

They have a shitty set of election protocols that give the ruling party the ability to put off and almost never face a competitive election. As a result the UK government has always been spectacularly incompetent.

6 Likes

pope_face_palm

8 Likes

An update on the stupid lawsuit over two songs named “All I Want For Christmas Is You”…

Incredibly, Stone filed an amended complaint that made things even worse. As we noted, the original didn’t even claim the music was similar. The amended complaint argues that they are musically similar. But not in ways that are copyrightable:

Analyzing the melody of each song, the overall contour of the same is substantially similar. In both songs, the notes of the singer’s melody ascend and descend in identically. While Defendants is more disjunct and includes more melisma, that is characteristic of Carey’s R&B style, which is vocally different from Vance’s country style. However, these differences are more of a matter of performance than composition.

This is… garbage. The songs are totally different. And then they make it worse, claiming lyrically they are similar as well. Again, they are not:

Further, the overall period of the melodic phrasing is comparable. Specifically, both songs use an antecedent-consequent phrase structure, where the initial phrase (a) ascends melodically, and the response phrase (b) then descends. (e.g., the beginning of each verse: (a) “If I wrote a letter to Santa Claus,” (b) “I would ask for just one thing” is comparable to (a) “I don’t want a lot for Christmas,” (b) There is just one thing I need.”)

The lawsuit has been dropped, without Carey’s lawers filing anything. Though it’s dropped without prejudice, so the stupid thing could theoretically come back to life…

4 Likes
8 Likes