Um.... what.... aka, this is the dumbest thing I've ever read

(from one of the comments by an Ars staffer: )

8 Likes

Does the Las Vegas Strip need a ballpark? Why are the A’s moving to Las Vegas?

4 Likes

So you can bet on them?

4 Likes

as a Nevada person, this is the answer. also, the Strip doesn’t NEED a ballpark, but it doesn’t have one yet, so OF COURSE they want one. Vegas is all about more of everything, baby!

6 Likes

@Franko , I don’t think we have heard from you since the massive blizzard. Or, maybe we did, and I just remembered it.

2 Likes

oh! really? apologies, if so.

i read every day, but i find i don’t have much to contribute, so i just lurk. the blizzard was perfection – gave us a lot of water up high for the summer to come, and we just got another 12" or more this past weekend as March went out like the lion it came in as. hopefully it will help keep the fires more controllable this summer, too. All is good!

7 Likes

Good to know.

I just watched this documentary. So I’m all in favor of precipitation.

4 Likes

Giuliani said: “We were in the communist state of New York and then we were in Connecticut and we just escaped all the earthquakes then we got to Massachusetts which probably had some earthquakes and we got to New Hampshire where there were no earthquakes which is telling me that somebody’s sending us a message.
The communist states are getting earthquakes. Look at California. You can’t have more earthquakes than California. You want to figure out why?”

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene made this claim in a post on X.
She said: “God is sending America strong signs to tell us to repent. Earthquakes and eclipses and many more things to come. I pray that our country listens.”

:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Politicians like Giulliani & Empty Greene are definitive proof that we are on the Divine Shitlist.

6 Likes

I believe MTG’s comment is the dumbest thing on this thread.

5 Likes

Yet again.

4 Likes

Not to mention:

Which would you choose?

• Engine cowl comes off
  • Toilet overflows

0 voters

2 Likes

Lately I would rather choose to drive/walk/swim.

3 Likes

Lately I’d like to just stay home.

3 Likes

Last week, the governor of Arizona signed House Bill 2477 into law, thus designating the roughly spherical object generally known as “Pluto” to be Arizona’s “official state planet.”

5 Likes

-oid

2 Likes

At least it wasn’t Boeing’s fault this time.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Multiple dumbest things I’ve heard… conspiracy theories about the eclipse. :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Not actually “new” any more, but I… uh… must have missed this particular Covid conspiracy theory amid all the other lunacy. :eyes: The “documentary” was apparently Stew Peters’ “Watch the Waters”.

5 Likes