Um.... what.... aka, this is the dumbest thing I've ever read

It just never ends

4 Likes

Oopsie

4 Likes

Well it worked-out better than Apollo 1 I suppose.

3 Likes

“Houston, we have a problem. A panel–”

1 Like

Or Soyuz 11.

I don’t know anything about the power supply, but you could avoid any main bus b undervolt by not having any main bus b.

2 Likes

@kxkvi
@MarjaE

Apollo 1, not Apollo 13. Much more horrific.

2 Likes

Yes, ApolIo 1 was horrible. By adding in Apollo 13, I was just just making a reference to the multiple Boeing failures. A weak reference I admit . . .

2 Likes

Oh this will help –

I was in the B.S.'s back in the day. Thinking back, I now wonder why kids sometimes went into the scout leader’s tent during camping trips. Some sort of merit badge instruction, I suspect.

3 Likes

Yeah, Apollo 1 was caused by a fire, and worsened by a hatch which wouldn’t open under pressure. I was tempted to suggest that Boeing wouldn’t have any trouble there.

But “Houston, we’ve had a problem” was Apollo 13.

4 Likes

I see.

2 Likes

Ah, yes, the one held together by a mile of flammable duct tape and parachutes that didn’t work?

I figured it must’ve been delayed again, since I hadn’t heard of any awful tragedy yet.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Why does the US gov’t still have a contract with them?

4 Likes

I think this is the stupidest market-speak I’ve ever seen.

I can just imaging the meeting among marketing people.

Marketer #1 (laughing): Wait – how about “holding a bit of of summer in your hand?”
Marketer #2: Oh god! (guffawing) That’s brilliant!
Marketer #3: (Grinning) But . . . isn’t that a little over the top, even for the average dumb consumer?
Marketer #2: Never! (Tears streaming down face) They’ll suck it up! It’s a stroke of genius!

etc.

3 Likes

I like the “Billions of Probiotics.”

Carl Sagan would be proud.

2 Likes

Well if it isn’t authentically worded, at least it’s ‘authentically crafted’. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

The California-based Raw Milk Institute called the warnings “clearly fearmongering.” The institute’s founder, Mark McAfee, told the Los Angeles Times this weekend that his customers are, in fact, specifically requesting raw milk from H5N1-infected cows. According to McAfee, his customers believe, without evidence, that directly drinking high levels of the avian influenza virus will give them immunity to the deadly pathogen.

I… wha? If getting exposed to deadly viruses made you immune to them, then they wouldn’t be deadly!

8 Likes

Hey it worked for that COVID thing.

4 Likes

As Marie Antoinette would say, “Let them drink bleach.”

5 Likes

7 Likes