Upside of a PiHole

Also with noting ssh.exe is built into Windows now (as of the latest release) or alternatively through WSL (which is really easy to set up). That said PuTTY is by far my favorite.

5 Likes

Well, it appears that Iā€™ve got a reason to put one of these together now. It looks like WaPo has given up on allowing a few free adblocked accesses per day and locked it down with a banner on first access. Can anyone in the US confirm this behavior?

Edit: it appears that Google News has delisted or reduced WaPo as a primary source. Thatā€™s going to hurt their page clicks!

7 Likes

Iā€™m not getting that on Windows 10 & Firefox with uBlock, PrivacyBadger, and NoScript. I think I may have gotten that on my iPad with Safari.

I hope they donā€™t take up the Washington Times instead.

6 Likes

It may be an EU thing. I canā€™t get on our VPN right now, bandwidth is saturated. My wife and The Reptilian are videophoning with their mother, and someone is/are watching videos, plus whatever is happening on the CA end.

Or the Washington Examiner, that would be ugly.

7 Likes

I block pwapi.washingtonpost.com which seems to defeat their content blockers. Maybe this will work for you?

4 Likes