(US) Representative Follies

What to know about the Matt Gaetz controversy

And a bit of side info too…

5 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes

I remember being 17 and not attractive to my peers but adult men found me to be so. For the girls, I think it’s partially about the thrill of being “grown-up” even though one isn’t really.

All the pressure put on girls to be attractive to men with power and men in general, whether that power is real or imagined, is sickening. Then there’s the emotional immaturity of the men…

Sorry, this is somewhat triggering for me. I never ever asked for gifts or money or ANYthing (although smoking weed helped); I just wanted to feel like someone really wanted to be with me, even if it was mostly or all pretend.

3 Likes
1 Like

8 Likes

Prequel to interview:

Part One of interview:

Part Two:

1 Like

bah, i hated him when he was speaker, and i have no kind thoughts for him now. just another grifter. btw, he voted for Trump in 2020, too, so how does he square that with his “truth telling” book? barf.

5 Likes

Seeing that face again almost made me throw up.

2 Likes

I think Stephen did a great job.

1 Like
3 Likes
4 Likes
6 Likes

Hawley’s and Greene’s list rentals show how politicians can pad their fundraising figures — if they’re willing to pay for it. There’s scant evidence that fundraising success represents broad popular support for a politician outside the narrow slice of Americans who make political contributions, and many of the people on the rented mailing lists may not have been constituents of Hawley’s or Greene’s. Still, the money is real, and the perception of fundraising star power is its own kind of success in Washington.

6 Likes
6 Likes

So many Big Lies.

3 Likes

The Alaska Daily News reported that while Senator Lora Reinbold, who is, of course, a Republican, was able to board the plane at the center of the argument last week, she wasn’t able to take a flight back this weekend. That’s because Alaska Airlines banned her.

“We have notified Senator Lora Reinbold that she is not permitted to fly with us for her continued refusal to comply with employee instruction regarding the current mask policy,” Tim Thompson, a spokesperson for the airline, told the Daily News. “This suspension is effective immediately, pending further review.”

Reinbold’s Facebook page is littered with instances in which the state senator baselessly questioned the efficacy or safety of coronavirus vaccines, and in one instance, she urged constituents to develop “natural immunity” until the vaccines are formally approved by the Food and Drug Administration. So there’s ample justification for anyone looking to not get the virus to avoid being in her proximity. According to the New York Times, this isn’t even the first time she’s been banned from something—after Reinbold was reprimanded by Alaska Governor Mike Dunleavy in February for spreading coronavirus misinformation and refusing to respect safety protocols, she was banned from much of the state capitol

5 Likes
4 Likes
6 Likes

(when i see the name “Kevin McCarthy”, this of whom I think.)

3 Likes