(US) Representative Follies

I thought it might be useful to have a thread for general things that might not be directly connected to (ahem) recent political leaders, but still show off/up the dumber side of the US political system (no matter the party).

For example…

7 Likes

Guam was one of the places my dad was stationed in WWII. Does she not even know any US history that’s true?

4 Likes
3 Likes

They. Delivered. Cookies.

Seriously, she says a bunch of unarmed national guard members delivering cookies in response to her direct lies about them are part of “a dangerous and troubling trend in which members of our armed forces are being used to intimidate civilians, harass members of Congress and their staff, and attack conservative journalists”.

6 Likes

I don’t get how people get so twisted. They had books, too. O NO DANGEROUS KNOWLEDGE!

1 Like

Well, if you want to fight back, recruitment is ongoing, and you get this fancy label pin to spruce up your tallis.

3 Likes

I LOVE THIS!!! :smiley:

3 Likes
3 Likes

and, to top it off, she wasn’t even THERE! or her aides were lying and covering for her. but the video makes plain that it was a casual, friendly visit to just reminder that, hello, Guam is a U.S. territory.

5 Likes
3 Likes

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/lauren-boebert-boulder-colorado-mass-shooting_n_6059968bc5b6bd95117fbc0f

1 Like
4 Likes

The Democrats should ban her from the floor as a health hazard (which she is anyway, come to think of it).

5 Likes

A mental health hazard, if nothing else.

3 Likes

i don’t know, she probably also makes the blood pressure soar for everyone who has to deal with her.

3 Likes

I wanted to get some news that wasn’t Rep. Greene doing something silly.

So here’s Rep Lieu dragging Greene for doing something silly.

It’s hilarious that pretty much every response, both to Lieu’s tweet and Greene’s, are various forms of “yeah, working out doesn’t protect you from covid… but what is up with her ridiculous-looking ‘pullups’??”

2 Likes

More from “the party of family values”:

4 Likes

An ex-representative, but…

And there’s apparently going to be a weekend press conference to try to run damage control.

4 Likes
4 Likes

“…blessed with good looks, better hair…” - they gotta be kidding. Someone tell me they’re kidding.

3 Likes