(US) Representative Follies

From the comments:

9 Likes
5 Likes
2 Likes

That comment…

5 Likes

Adrienne Watson, a spokeswoman for the White House National Security Council, said she could not directly address Republican criticism due to federal restrictions.

“But I can clarify the facts: Not a single cent from these funds has been spent, and when it is spent, it can only be spent on things like food and medicine for the Iranian people,” she said Saturday in a statement. “These funds have absolutely nothing to do with the horrific attacks today and this is not the time to spread disinformation.”

4 Likes
6 Likes

Yet he’s still in office.

Seems legit.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Is this guy a right-wing R or a bat-shit-crazy right-wing R? Esp. compared to JJ.

3 Likes

David Duke without the baggage, is how Scalise described himself. So, bat-shit-nazi-klan-wing R

Whether that is better than or worse than Gym, I can’t really tell. It’s like asking which puddle of shit would I prefer to eat?

6 Likes

Gad.

4 Likes

So “Gym Jordan.” I see what you did there.

4 Likes

I did not make that up, I probably got it from Wonkette, purveyors of top quality snark.

5 Likes

They’re both awful, just different flavors of awful. It’s a bullshit vs. horseshit comparison. Scalise, however, is not likely to push election denying bullshit and probably won’t push to impeach Biden. But he did indeed describe himself as David Duke without the baggage, so it’s not like he’s reasonable.

This doesn’t mean he’s going to win the floor vote, though. Several of Jordan’s supporters have already said they aren’t going to vote for Scalise, and all it takes is 5 Republicans to not play ball. We’re probably going to see a repeat of the McCarthy vote, with Matt Goetz’s gang demanding a bunch of concessions from Scalise in return for their support. I do not see Scalise making those concessions.

6 Likes

Even Republicans hate Republicans.

5 Likes

Gym Jockstrap lost for now.

4 Likes

:joy:

4 Likes

4 Likes
4 Likes

Gym Jockitch goes down in flames.

4 Likes