(US) Representative Follies

no, a typo, sure, i can correct those. but i’m not adding or deleting content as provided because that steps on the toes of the editor. now, if i notice something i feel is wrong i can definitely ask the editor about it, but i am not going to take it upon myself to just change it.

1 Like

So you would’ve corrected it to Portugal, had you worked on that poster?

as a straight-up typo? yeah, probably. i just wouldn’t add or remove any of the content without an editor’s approval.

1 Like

I think I get it. With a political campaign, every word’s calculated for maximum impact, so they’d be very insistent on not changing the content (addition/deletion) without permission. (They’d probably write that into the contract with the designer.) In that case, the best you can do is point out the errors, to get approval to fix them. It makes sense.

2 Likes

What makes more sense is spelling it correctly in the first place.

2 Likes

That is true! …but nobody’s prefect. :wink: :rofl:

5 Likes

Prefects are the worst offenders!

4 Likes

Ford Prefect pops in
I beg your pardon??

4 Likes

You have your towel. That’s all you need.

3 Likes

That doesn’t stop us from getting pendantic about it.

4 Likes

4 Likes

I tried to check it out and it weren’t there. Got a something’s wrong screen. And I don’t subscribe to Twitter, if that means anything.

No idea, and I’m not entirely sure what weren’t there. But I’ve updated the post with a copy of the linked image.

For what it’s worth, it shows up fine for me in this thread in private browsing mode in Chrome. The images don’t load for me in private browsing mode on Firefox, but the link to the Twitter thread works properly and everything shows up there.

'Sokay now. Hm.

1 Like
4 Likes

The Magical Mystery Meat is coming to take you away…take you todaaaaaaaayyyyyyy…

It’s too early for me why am I HERE, lol? And what Rep.Sen. was elected from the Wasteland?

5 Likes

Lewis Carroll would admire the prose, don’t you think?

3 Likes

Maybe they should use “meet” and “beaf”.

4 Likes
1 Like