Voter Suppression Alert 🚨

2 Likes

The mass hysteria over this reminds me of what happened after 9/11. We need to take a collective Valium break.

Unfortunately I foresee our Great Leaders taking advantage of this to further our descent into fascism, just as they did with the “Patriot” Act, the TSA, Fatherland, excuse me, Homeland Security, etc.

2 Likes

“Muslin” panic doesn’t seem to be cutting it any more.

1 Like
4 Likes

No goddamned shit. Is that the mayor in the onebox? Awkward.

2 Likes

yep. That’s him.

2 Likes

I wonder why . . . :rage:

2 Likes

Democracy™️.

3 Likes
4 Likes

@noahdjango? Did you vote early, absentee, or go to the polls today? Did you see anything of note at your precinct?

I went on Friday, and we ended up waiting in line 2 hours at our precinct (OTP, south Gwinnett). They had 6 machines, but they seemed to have enough poll workers. By the time we got there, over 2400 people had already voted.

I did see one woman in front of me, go to the poll workers while voting, but didn’t know why she did so. I had no issues voting (I had gone to a test of the new machines a few months back to see what they were like). The machines print out your votes and then you feed them into the machine, which I do like, as there is now a paper trail. But given the growth of my county, I doubt that 6 machines were enough. I’d be interested to know how many machines white majority areas have been getting in my county (my precinct is most certainly black majority).

3 Likes

More from CNN and the AJC:

[ETA] And from the Guardian:

6 Likes
6 Likes
8 Likes

Thank god they stayed.

I hope their votes got counted.

9 Likes

I dread to see what happens on election day; i.e., proud boys etc. “guarding” polls. With guns and baseball bats.

5 Likes

Fuck yeah!

3 Likes

Not in my neighborhood, they won’t. I doubt anyone in ATL would stand for that shit.

5 Likes

Another ratfucker gets his teeth.

5 Likes
6 Likes

Thanks for posting this… here is the article by Jennifer Cohn:

And the full interview she did with Commissoner Smith:

7 Likes