Voter Suppression Alert 🚨

This country has some major problems.

6 Likes

I’m still stuck on wondering what kind of people would take robocalled warnings about “giving information to the man” seriously. It’s been so long since I’ve heard that phrase used unironically. I know there’s people out there who are stuck a few decades in the past, but that seems like a very hit-or-miss target.

3 Likes

The voice actor in the call… What a business.

1 Like
4 Likes

So, in Oregon, we have to sign the outer mail envelope. There’s an optional “secrecy envelope” that has garbage printing on it to make it difficult to read with a light bulb. I did mention it was optional. It’s more of a sleeve than an envelope. To make sure people don’t try to mail it with just the secrecy envelope.

If the secrecy envelope became magically necessary and mandatory in Oreganononia, I would personally make sure every person involved in that decision-matrix died a horrible burning death.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Lee, in a text on Monday evening, said her office thought it had handled the crash “right away”, but was “working now to see if there’s an ongoing problem.”

[Edit] An update to the situation:

Florida’s secretary of state has extended the deadline for voter registration to 7pm today. Registration officially closed last night at midnight, but problems with the state’s website prevented some Floridians from completing their registration in time.

Laurel Lee, the Florida secretary of state appointed by Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis, announced the change after noon on Tuesday, giving voters who missed the previous deadline less than seven hours to try again.

(emphasis added)

These MFers…

5 Likes
6 Likes

Felony charges. For real.

5 Likes

the party is vowing to fight it in court, if need be – i can’t believe they think this is ok. they are contending that it’s a form of ballot harvesting, which is legal, but there are rules for that process, and there are known, qualified people who collect ballots in that situation. with their shady “drop boxes,” who in the hell knows who collects the ballots? it’s blatantly illegal.

5 Likes

Needs a postal-sorting-machine-level solution.

3 Likes

They likely don’t care about the votes…but they’ll point to it if they lose as one of the reasons - the Democrats stopped good, honest citizens from voting for the GOP, civil war nao plz

5 Likes

i hope you’re wrong, but i fear you’re right.

3 Likes

Oh this is rich. From the WashPo

2 Likes

Fire intentionally set inside ballot box in Baldwin Park, officials say

BALDWIN PARK, Calif. (KABC) – Investigators are searching for the person who set a fire inside a ballot drop box in Baldwin Park on purpose, potentially compromising dozens of votes.

The incident happened around 8 p.m. Sunday near Baldwin Park and Ramona boulevards in front of the city’s public library.

Firefighters say someone purposely tossed burning newspaper into the official drop box. One passerby told Eyewitness News the box looked like a chimney with smoke billowing out of it.

Arson investigators have not yet released information about how many ballots were destroyed. Mayor Manuel Lozano said he believes there were close to 100 ballots in the box at the time of the incident that were burnt or wet.

4 Likes

Waiting hours to vote in the heat. Ugh.

5 Likes

A woman passed out from heat exhaustion in line. It’s not that hot, but there’s an hour of line-standing in direct sun with no shade.

7 Likes
3 Likes

“You are currently registered as a Democrat and we know this because we have gained access into the entire voting infrastructure,” said one of the emails obtained by Alaska Public Media. “You will vote for Trump on Election Day or we will come after you. Change your party affiliation to Republican to let us know you received our message and will comply.”

The sender claimed to have the voter’s email, phone number and home address. Some of the emails were purportedly sent by the Proud Boys, a far-right extremist group with ties to white nationalism that has clashed with law enforcement during recent protests. But cybersecurity experts say the origin of the messages is unclear, suggesting some of the emails appear to have originated from an Estonian server. The Proud Boys chairman has denied the group was involved.

4 Likes
2 Likes