Wanderthread Redux (Part 1)

2 Likes

I’m reminded of my surprise when I discovered that iTunes had the Warumpi Band’s Blackfella Whitefella (an Oz Indigenous anti-racism classic) listed as B________a W________a.

1 Like

1 Like

29 cases.

1 Like
1 Like

How does the legislative leader of the nominally left & non-racist party in the US respond to years of many and varied bloodsoaked demonstrations that US police are wildly beyond the pale in terms of their violence and racism?

Like this:

Attacking the GOP for insufficient bootlicking.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

1 Like
1 Like

Incidentally, how Covid response would work if @Wanderfound was king:

1. As soon as a single case is detected, no-expense-spared contact tracing begins. If you aren’t absolutely certain that you’ve identified, isolated and tested every possible contact of the infected person, lock down the city until you do.

2. Once you’ve tracked everyone down, reopen the city. If you can’t be certain that you’ve caught everyone, the city stays under lockdown until you manage two weeks with zero new cases.

3. Generously adequate income support and eviction moratorium for absolutely everyone while all this is going on. No bureaucratic bullshit, just pay the fucking bills.

4. Once you have Covid eliminated, maintain a no-exceptions two-week quarantine for anyone entering the country, provided at state expense. Resource the quarantine facilities sufficiently so that transmission via infected quarantine staff risk is minimised.

This isn’t that far from what was done in Tasmania and some other parts of Australia. Do that, and Covid is pretty much over locally. Do it globally, and Covid is over globally.

And it could still be done in Europe and the US. But the owners have decided that it would be personally unprofitable, so no.

1 Like
1 Like

“Accountability”.

The only people punished for the US torture regime of the early 21st century were the people who exposed it.

1 Like

1 Like

Hey, remember when the Biden regime was actively encouraging Americans to stop wearing masks as soon as they got a vaccine?

1 Like
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies. Continue discussion at Wanderthread Redux (Part 2).