Wanderthread Redux (Part 1)

Xeni’s having a normal one:

https://twitter.com/xeni/status/1222130017305366528?s=21

EDIT: screenshot for the now-deleted first tweet:

1 Like
2 Likes

Wandertake on VP:

1. There will be pressure to nominate a centrist VP as a “unity” move. This would be a huge mistake; any establishment VP candidate would be sent into the job with the mission to sabotage the campaign. Eagleton Redux.

2. There is also the point that a President Bernie would be (a) not young, and (b) a likely target for assassination. There is a genuine chance that he might not finish a term, and his VP would be responsible for carrying the movement forwards. This is not a job that can be trusted to establishment Dems.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I was thinking the other day that Stacy Abrams would be an awesome choice for Bernie’s veep, but Nina’s been working closely with the campaign, so it makes sense.

1 Like
2 Likes

2 Likes
1 Like

Where does this garbage come from.

Maybe this is “playing the internet like a violin”, as she once congratulated herself on Twitter.

Xeni is an authoritarian wealthy white American imperialist. I don’t think it’s more complicated than that.

2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

Thread.

2 Likes

Centrists attempting to prohibit accurate critique of Biden:

The GOP also being corrupt scum doesn’t make it false.

1 Like

Yes, if she’s being sincere, her class interests could be expressed as we see. Another possibility is that she’s saying outrageous or scandalous things or taking a contrary position (contrary to what? contrary to Cory; contrary to her editor-peers; contrary to what people might expect her to believe from her past statements; contrary to conventional wisdom) to engage her followers.

I’ve heard that bit about having special knowledge before. It seems to me like a device, like a hook with instrumental value instead of a sincere statement of what she sees in the world. Then again, I think she is or was on the board of Freedom of the Press Foundation with Snowden, so she probably has some uncommon knowledge.