4 Likes
1 Like

3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

Thread.

2 Likes

As far as I can tell, this is a Syrian-aligned propaganda account, mostly focused on anti-Turkish content. But, relevant to why I’m posting it: not Chinese.

I have no idea who the speaker is, or what he’s saying. But note the uniformed apparently-Uyghur kids in the background.

To spell it out: I am not trying to imply that the Chinese authorities are not abusing Uyghurs in China.

But, despite how it is portrayed in the Western press, the motivation for the crackdown in Xinjiang isn’t because the Chinese are cartoonish cat-stroking villains doing it for the evilz. It’s because militant Uyghur separatism is a real thing, and the Chinese don’t want their state Balkanising into a collection of ethnic enclaves (particularly in Xinjiang, given their vulnerability to energy starvation and reliance on Xinjiang’s resources).

Which is also not to imply that militant Uyghur separatism is necessarily unjustified; there are sometimes valid arguments in favour of ethnic separatist movements (e.g. “we’re an oppressed minority in this society, we want self-determination”). OTOH, there are also substantial arguments against ethnic separatism, and there’s also a long history of the CIA et al fomenting and weaponising ethnic conflict within states that oppose the empire.

You can’t understand the world if you don’t see it as it is, and you’ll never do that if you only see the slanted perspective given by Western media. All factions are propagandising as hard as they can.

2 Likes

Now here’s a bit of sneaky McCarthyism:

Unmentioned in the tweet: this clip is from the 2016 primaries, on the Ed Schultz show (on RT America, not “Russian TV”). Ed died in 2018.

Cooper is trying to imply that this is a current event.

2 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes

“We’re forced to run racist/corrupt Dixiecrats in the South, because those deplorable rednecks won’t vote for anything else”

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

Scrolling text.