Wanderthread Redux (Part 1)

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes
1 Like

What I posted is the only status change, i.e. news, that I’ve seen. Tomorrow, maybe, we’ll have news that the aggressor was fired and/or arrested, but I haven’t seen that yet. I haven’t seen any news about the victim either. If I had, I might have posted that instead. Hopefully he’s safe now. Karen was clearly trying to call in a violent police response. I’d like to watch a longer video to see if she was able to turn off the panic act as quickly as she turned it on. And I bet people she works with have seen a side of this too. Which reminds me that what some call meritocracy is often a case of someone willing to inflict pain where the rest of us wouldn’t. Sharp minds, maybe, but sharper elbows too. (Care for animals is a virtue.)

1 Like

ds9-sisko-what

1 Like

No personal attack intended.

I wouldn’t have jumped on it so hard if it wasn’t such a perennial trope.

2 Likes

It can be both. Anyone can be willing to inflict pain to get what they want, but it becomes a more effective tactic when used by someone with privilege. If they’ve got the weight of racist/classist societal structures behind their mean actions, their efforts go further. In this case, Karen deliberately tried to use the system to inflict pain-- hell, that man could have been shot by the police. It’s a very good thing that she was unsuccessful, and got caught at it.

No argument here… but ideally we should care about both the man and the dog.

Thread.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

My electoral party:

1 Like
2 Likes