Wanderthread Redux (Part 1)

1 Like
2 Likes

Looking forward to seeing tweets posted about looking forward rather than just endless ineffective screaming and opportunistic dragging. Who gives a fuck about Vincent D’Onofrio anyway?

1 Like

I saw a Biden sign just around the corner from my house! And I really hate that he got the Dem nod, but if we can get a better Cabinet…fuck, could they at this point do any worse? (RHETORICAL PLZ DUNUT ANSR)

1. Get Rump out

2. Primary DNC-appointed candidates early and often

Disinfo doesn’t figure.

2 Likes
1 Like

Looking forwards:

1. Trump is almost certain to be re-“elected”.

2. Even without that, the continued existence of the status quo USA is inconsistent with justice and human survival globally, and the clock is running very short. The empire is bipartisan.

3. America delenda est.

Now, personally, I like most Americans and admire many things about America. So, I advocate for what I see as the only route out of the dilemma that does not involve total slaughter and destruction.

But voting has fuck all to do with that.

If you’ve got sufficient privilege that you can afford to vote, then sure: vote. And you may as well vote for Biden; it’s unlikely to do any good, but it also probably won’t make things any worse.

But American voting is largely ceremonial and increasingly irrelevant.

You can’t defeat Nazism by voting for Zentrum.

Dude, you literally live in the antipodean version of Martha’s Vineyard of the 1950s. Do you think your perspective might be skewed at all? Which revolution should I get killed in, exactly?

Preferably, not get killed in a non-violent revolution.

And, personally, I’d analogise us more to Finland or Romania in the 1940’s. We’re a minor suzerainty of the empire, fully complicit in the crimes of our overlords, and our fate is interdependent.

As America goes, Australia follows. At present, it appears that we’re following towards a war with China.

Oh, you mean democracy.

I look at democracy as largely un-implemented. The U.S is not a 100% democracy. A 100% democracy would have at minimum diverse opportunities for education for the whole population, access to health care for the whole population, income safety nets for the whole population, frequent local-regional-wider elections that allowed democratic speech, and the ability to legislate against and sanction the rich criminals who steal and kill people on a massive scale.

Instead we have pervasive, invasive fuckery at every level in every jurisdiction around the world. The U.S., if we can get some electoral relief this year, might break a 10% level of democratic implementation in the next decade.

So, a long road ahead, and a need to exercise judgement about how we use our energy … or just the same morass where we waste our energy involved in other people’s distractions and drama. I don’t intend to get iced by idiots during this time, nor do I have any interest in being distracted by nonsense.

3 Likes
  1. Incrementalism:

1. We’re out of time:

Out of time? Horseshit. This isn’t Venus.

2 Likes

3 Likes