5 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
8 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
6 Likes

Watching lots of homesteady stuff on Youtube lately; gardening, timberwork, food preservation etc.

Which means that most of the presenters are rural White Americans. Which means that there’s a better than even chance that most of them support fascists.

Somewhat uncomfortable viewing.

4 Likes

That is an uncomfortable reality we face here.

Thread:

5 Likes
5 Likes

“school lunch debt”

7 Likes

Haven’t even looked at the BB Venezuela threads yet.

Not in the mood to deal with bloodthirsty imperialists today.

4 Likes

Thread:

6 Likes

That one hits home.

I am a veteran. I got in and out for the money and to get out of where I was “trapped”.

I don’t want people to fawn over my “service”

And then the part where he says

Every town in this country suddenly has some sort of park or monument dedicated to veterans.

Back before mom passed I saw there was one back where I grew up dedicated to “Those who paid the ultimate price.”

Of course all paid for by donations and they’d collected a lot. I don’t have any of my documentation on it now as I ceased to care, but the whole thing seemed scammy. The people who started the campaign had no obvious links to the community. The whole presentation was very glurgy and not overly accurate. Just a hack job.

Military Worship is a terrible thing.

5 Likes

That’s one of those things where people say, “Oh, isn’t that a heartwarming story?”

No. It’s a horrific insight into how, even beyond its debilitating direct effects, poverty is used as a weapon against the poor.

And the fact that these few people had someone looking out for them, to grant them “forgiveness” for not having enough money to eat, doesn’t negate the dystopian idea that students should have to choose between starvation and graduation.

6 Likes

The “honourable” General Kelly:

3 Likes

5 Likes

“Opposition led military backed challenge”

4 Likes