5 Likes
5 Likes
2 Likes

7 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

Always ask: who would have to shut the fuck up?

Someone who’s going to lose more from Trump than from any of the DP’s candidates. They might be Muslim. or Jewish. or lgb or t. or Latin@. or south Asian. or lots of people, really.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Most of the people that I’ve been seeing preaching the “vote blue no matter who” song have been thoroughly comfortable wealthy White liberals.

Many of the people I see objecting to this are people who do have much to lose if an establishment Dem candidate is nominated. For two reasons:

1. Folks who are deeply committed to Palestine, or immigrant rights, or Black liberation, or climate change, etc. who are facing a choice between unacceptable horror and unacceptable horror if a Dem establishment candidate is nominated.

2. Folks who study American politics and understand that an establishment candidate would lose.

Virtually none of those people are going to vote for Trump, no matter who the Dems nominate. But many of them may abandon electoralism as hopeless.

The “vote blue no matter who” and “I swear to never criticise any Democrat. Will you join me?” folks are actively setting you up for the victory of fascism.

Preemptively surrendering your right to withhold your vote removes one of your most powerful weapons of influence against the ruling establishment. The only thing that might stop the Dem establishment from rigging the primary is the knowledge that doing so would cost them the election.

The election can’t be won in the primary, but it can be lost there.

2 Likes