Wanderthread Redux (Part 2)

LOL - this IS American democracy - it DOES exist! It just isn’t working out to the specs of its creators. It’s like NOMAD…or rather, V’jer. Yeah, definitely V’jer.

Are there not other countries that could be considered democracies on this planet? How many of them are working out to the specs of their creators?

I don’t think you have a good sense of the mood, or psychosis, on the ground here.

If trump had convinced the SS to let him go to the Capital that day, and our media was flooded with images of him taking the dias in chambers and declaring martial rule and himself president again, we would be in a totally different position today.

Furthermore this dry run has vetted all the weak points for the GOP who have been working daily to enable them to subvert the next presidential election. This coup is not done, rather hardly started.

I appreciate your resentment of everything bad about the USA, and I share it. But your insights on what went down here are “lacking” and your wishes for what might have been would have been multiples more catastrophic. Believe me the world does not want a USA locked into trump rule if you think its bad now.

2 Likes

The Times headline:

What Ecclestone actually said:

Propaganda is about framing etc.

2 Likes

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/249027449_History_from_below_the_water_line_Sharks_and_the_Atlantic_slave_trade

1 Like

1 Like

This guy is a tankie who could use a bit more tether to reality. It’s what the mute button is for.

1 Like