Wanderthread

Indeed!

I’m taking this over to the other place, because it’s just too amazing a find. I hope you don’t mind, @emo_pinata!

2 Likes

There’s a vague story buzzing around Twitter about allegations of abusive misogynistic shittyness by one of the Redneck Revolt leaders. Unsure yet if it’s genuine or fascist slander, no idea how the rest of RR will respond if it’s legit.

The stories are coming from apparently leftist accounts, but they’re suspiciously new accounts that I’m unfamiliar with. And the fascists are already promoting the story themselves.

I think Fox is reporting what the US government told them with some detail, which makes it even funnier really. Trump’s administration is using the Marxist organization to generate an extremely vague report on Iran’s nuclear proliferation and using Fox News as their exclusive mouthpiece.

4 Likes

“Of course, it’s a great thing that groups like Our Revolution, which sprung out of Sanders’s 2016 presidential campaign, are bringing money, volunteers, and national attention to candidates like Woodfin. But the top-down narrative misses a lot about what is happening on the ground around the country. For starters, it misses the movements that shifted politics to the point where someone like Sanders could run for president and win state after state in the first place. More important, it misses the specifics—the ideas, the tactics, the challenges to existing political hegemonies—that have made these campaigns successful. And telling the story wrong lessens the chances that these unlikely wins can be replicated elsewhere.”

4 Likes
1 Like

Some of this thread will probably irritate some folks, but it’s a good demonstration of why the Black left is ferociously pissed at the middle-class White liberals, particularly those of the Clinonite persuasion.

1 Like
2 Likes

See also this thread:

1 Like

Thread + comments:

1 Like
2 Likes

Twitter “responding” to criticism.

The problem here is that Twitter is still trying to engineer ideologically neutral behavioural rules rather than just banning nazis. And they have a long history of applying those “neutral” rules in a heavily biased manner.

2 Likes

3 Likes
1 Like

Long but good:

https://thebaffler.com/outbursts/all-worked-up-nowhere-to-go-frost

Thread:

Going through Howard Zinn.

Anyone who can read that without being moved to a bloodthirsty rage…I question their humanity.

There is virtue in controlling anger, but that doesn’t mean that anger itself can not be just.

OTOH:

3 Likes

Yup, agree almost entirely with that article.

Bernie isn’t the leader of the left; he’s just the most prominent centrist-facing advocate. To my eyes, the DSA is closer to the core of what’s going on.

1 Like