Well, this is confusing

I’m a redhead, I’ve always avoided the sun. Even with sunscreen (when I could wear it) I would burn within an hour if I didn’t find shade, so I’ve always just found shade. :slight_smile:

Stay out of the sun people, its a giant ball of fire trying to kill you!

Side note: I only ever burned to blisters once: on my shins. Cuz I was sitting in the shade, but my legs stuck out into the sun. Most painful thing ever.

9 Likes

Me too. I sometimes wish my ancestors had stayed up north.

I got the blisters on an overcast day. Probably thought I could stay out longer. :rage:

6 Likes

OVERCAST DAYS ARE THE WORST!

Don’t trust those flimsy clouds! They lie!!

8 Likes

Why is it so hard to find hypoallergenic wrist and elbow braces?

I’ve got bilateral ulnar nerve issues, and joint pain, as well as ordinary human allergies. On Amazon, hardly any sellers say what these things are made of; others use latex, or spandex/lycra, or neocprene, or polyester, or nylon, or other allergens; I haven’t found any that don’t.

P.S. Yes, the neurologist wants me to find hypoallergenic elbow braces, and avoid turn signals.

1 Like

They’re also not terribly washable (infrequently is okay). A thin “sock” slightly longer than the brace and worn underneath would take care of both problems.

2 Likes

Provided that putting the brace on doesn’t roll the sock up, of course. I’m not sure what to do about that.

1 Like

A few judiciously applied safety pins should take care of that, which can then be removed upon successful positioning of the brace.

My ex wore wrist braces with hospital-provided “socks” to bed every night for years. This isn’t a new problem.

4 Likes

One response from an Amazon seller:

"“This brace is made by nylon. Polyester. and spandex. It is the same material to make your clothing. It is no allergy.” "

Well, at least I know their “hypoallergenic” brace is hyperallergenic. Maybe these things make the seller’s clothes, but spandex makes my skin break out in hives and develop sores. It is no allergy, it just triggers allergies.

1 Like

Hmm. It depends. I would do that if the brace were polyester, which I’m sensitive to, but not latex, which I’m outright allergic to. Polyester itches and feels uncomfortable, and putting something underneath that might help. But latex causes me to break out in hives, and I won’t risk that.

2 Likes

If I get asthma attacks from roasting cumin, or roasting peppers, does that point to an allergy to cumin, or to peppers? Like most spices, cumin contains salicylates, and I have an intolerance to those.

I tried searching Google, but everything’s about how cumin helps treat asthma.

2 Likes