Well this is interesting

That’s your life and experience. As @gadgetgirl said, others have a different opinion.

5 Likes

Speaking as someone who spent about 35 years in this situation, I think you should to take some time and think about what would set you on the path to being happy and how you’d work toward it. For me, it was getting out of debt so I could keep my dog, which I had gotten through a fluke (a flaky acquaintance of mine abandoned it after much hemming and hawing… I wrote about it on this forum many moons ago), but I had been casting about for a while for something to live for. I was just so tired of being hopeless, illogical as that sounds. I won’t deny that luck played a role in me getting out of my own vicious cycle, but you can’t get lucky if you aren’t looking for a way out.

Meditating helped me a lot, for what it’s worth. Gave me a place where I could look at my… thoughts… about the shitty world I live in and the shitty hand I was dealt for coping with it and set them aside. I still fucked up a lot, but at least I didn’t feel as bad about it, which went a long way.

12 Likes

That has a creepy Logan’s Run vibe to it. “Truly sorry, honey, but you’re blinking red.”

14 Likes

I sympathize. I hope you can find some peace at least.

8 Likes
9 Likes

The most interesting part of google image search is reverse image search.

4 Likes

Hey there… as you can see, I made it to here!

16 Likes

Glad to have you.

10 Likes

Welcome, glad you made it! You might want to change your username… most of us here use something a little less personally identifiable. (Google “doxxing”; it’s something to be avoided, and you want to make it fairly difficult to dox you. We’re mostly good folks here, but it is a public system.)

9 Likes

Done and done. I googled it. That whole doxing thing is pretty creepy.

This software is amazing for such a complicated system. I’m still figuring it out. I had no idea there was so much STUFF here. I love the little numbered blue circles that notify me when something happened.

12 Likes

Traveler, you say?

11 Likes

@RatMan:

Please introduce us to your friend!

13 Likes

welcome to the mutant zone @Traveler

12 Likes

13 Likes
14 Likes
11 Likes

He’s not my friend, he’s my brother. :grin: I’ve been trying to get him on here for a year. I’ve finally succeeded.

17 Likes

True, and this one is much better.

11 Likes

dracula%20i%20bid%20you%20welcome

(Don’t worry, we’re mostly harmless here. :wink: )

16 Likes

Welcome. We’re a little weird, here, but you get used to it.

Wait until you see the grey ones.

14 Likes