Well this is interesting

This is a great book:

5 Likes

They could imagine highway escalators for cars, but not women in the workplace. I had to shake my head at the family car separating when they got to the city, with dad going to work, and mom and son going shopping.

11 Likes
7 Likes

That and who the heck is doing all the manual labor to get these machines built? Oh, it’s all the non-white people we don’t see in the film! And the re-building of cities? Where are folks s’posed to live while all this was going on?

It made me think of a JFK/Rbt. McNamara story that I read in “The March of Folly” by Barbara Tuchman. Kennedy said that McNamara was the type of person who, if NYC was decimated by a nuclear strike, would say that it saved the US money on the first steps of urban renewal.

But some of the things they predicted have come to be, like self-driving cars, primitive GPS, and rearview cameras.

5 Likes

Cavemen say ugh, kill big meat animal!

3 Likes
8 Likes
7 Likes

I feel bad that Nageolet went. He was the only one who truly knew what was probably going to happen.

2 Likes
3 Likes

My friend’s cousin wrote that book. She told me that all the profits of the book go to the family.

7 Likes

Cool! Nice to know the profits go to the family.

2 Likes

That’s mighty white of them.

4 Likes

Yeah that might have something to do with the fact that he’s suing them and asking for the conservatorship to end. They had told him when he signed it that it was basically an adoption, but for an adult. They sound like horrible people.

7 Likes

But they LOVE football! How can they be bad!!! /s

5 Likes

Fun fact: in most states, you can legally adopt an adult, just in the same way as you can adopt a child or baby. There’s no ‘basically’ about it, if you’re doing it the legitimate way.

5 Likes

Yep. I looked into once because the woman I take care of has very much become a mother to me, and she wanted to make it legal. But it would have required me legally and publicly renouncing my relationship with my parents, and I’m still holding out hope for repairing that relationship and I didn’t think that would help.

5 Likes

FWIW, you can do it so that your current family doesn’t know. That way, the relationship has the chance to progress, but you’re not waiting around forever in the hopes that it will.

DM me if you want more info.

3 Likes
8 Likes
2 Likes
7 Likes