Well this is interesting

No

9 Likes

No!

9 Likes

Iā€™d rather hand a dollar to the next human I encounter, for no reason at all. At least that has a little potential for mirth.

13 Likes

Agreed.

7 Likes
7 Likes

That is really neat!

4 Likes

Theyā€™ve got a whole bunch of interesting candy history vids. I liked these ones as well:

7 Likes

Alternating currants.

sad trombone

11 Likes

I love these! Have you seen the video about the Jodie Whittaker celebration candy? Itā€™s a really good roundup of all the woman Time Lords ā€“ including previous woman Doctor incarnations (non-canon).

3 Likes

Bill Murray as the Human Torch!

I think this is where he perfected his ā€œbored with the production Iā€™m currently inā€ shtick.

5 Likes

Sheā€™s doing great work: https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2018/10/16/17978360/disability-inclusive-clothing-adaptive-stylist-stephanie-thomas

4 Likes
9 Likes

The theme music of my teen years.

3 Likes

Itā€™s funny - as much as Iā€™ve loved electronic music for decades I never really got into his. I did get a ā€œbest ofā€ album (Images) that I like ā€“ especially Moon Machine.

I love the car door slamming shut.
5 Likes

Very interesting.
Reminds me of something I read about Rick Rubin making his early Def Jam beats with no sampler and tape loops that took up the whole room.
Donā€™t know anything about Jarre but sessioning Oxygene now. I know Iā€™ve seen the artwork, though. Moon Machine has a heavy Art of Noise vibe to it, but Jarre certainly must have influenced them.

(This reply was created in response to @kxkvi but problems with mobile erased that :angry:)

5 Likes

Jarreā€™s early music is expansive and spacey. As it progressed, it became more uptempo.

3 Likes

Alas, broken link.
I like uptempo!

2 Likes

I wasnā€™t sure where else to put thisā€¦ but, for my upper division course, I assigned a primary source search, in this case connected to publishing. I give them one of three options - either an issue of If magazine, an issue of the legendary Weekly World News, or a zine from the Archive.org zine archive (from before the year 2000). Lots of people pick the WWN, because itā€™s so weird and fun. A couple of sci-fi nerds always pick If. But only a few folks go for the zine archive. One of the students who did that picked an issue of Propaganda Magazine (paging @Wanderfound, who if Iā€™m remembering correctly was into all things goth back in the day). It was from 1998, and she talked about the music reviews, it included a Changelings review:

among other thingsā€¦

Anyway, it was cool, but made me feel a bit oldā€¦

Speaking of the Changelings, Paul Mercerā€™s solo stuff is worth checking outā€¦ hereā€™s a recent video he did at the Doraville Marta station in the ATL (paging other ATLien, @noahdjango):

And his bandcamp:

6 Likes

This is a look from him I havenā€™t seen before.

5 Likes
11 Likes