What Are You Listening To?

Oddly enough, due to a conversation about lava.

Oh, ok, here’s the connection…

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0578101/

3 Likes

Because of what happened/may happen again tonight, climatewise, in my area:

2 Likes

Some of these mashups just fit so well together.

2 Likes

Hey, anybody seen or heard from @PatRx2 lately? Hope he’s ok.

5 Likes
6 Likes
1 Like

@RAvery, try this.

1 Like
2 Likes

I just listened to the album “White Light/White Heat” for the first time.

I don’t know.

2 Likes

1 Like

The Dead South, they rock it in this one.

3 Likes

Halocene is a really good cover band - they’re really spot on with the music no matter what it is. But they have different vocalists, and that kinda makes it variable.

However, this one is a great listen if you like ‘dad rock’ (I guess that’s what they’re calling it these days). The first couple songs aren’t the best, but the singer’s on point with Barracuda, and the Metallica mashup is surprisingly good. And everything after that is pretty good too.

They’re also behind this one:

1 Like

Bluesy slide guitar cover of Smoke On The Water… sounds like it would be right at home in the Rebel Galaxy soundtrack.

3 Likes

Bumping this. Anyone?

2 Likes

He hasn’t posted here since March, and there isn’t anything new on his soundcloud for 9 months… :worried:

He seems to be on the facebooks, if anyone wants to try and reach out there (I’m not on FB).

2 Likes

Cornershop’s Brimful of Asha:

I was watching a reaction video to this done by a ~thirteen year old.

I was expecting them to be confused by the references to Asha Bhosle and 45rpm singles.

What I wasn’t expecting was the question “what’s a bosom?”. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Mahler’s 9th Symphony for 1.5 hours.
Haitink was on a roll!

The Nap-Nap swamp of Australia, very interesting.

4 Likes

I just bookmarked it on my lappie - thanks for sharing this with us!

1 Like

Indian folk metal from Bloodywood:

Also thinking about how we’d’ve never even known such a genre could exist, let alone ever heard it on the radio when I was growing up.

1 Like