What the... Trump Treason?

Not to be confused with a twit:

And the verb, twitter:

8 Likes

To a particular definition of the word ā€œhereā€, sure they do. If by ā€œhereā€, you mean ā€œany stratosphere in which the collapse of civil society has any knock-on effect to them, their friends or their family, or makes any of them in any way poorerā€, of course they donā€™t.

As far as I can tell, the current wave of predatory oligarchs who seem to have infested the GOP seem to have examined their counterparts in Russia and thought ā€œhey, they got rich off the collapse of the state; why canā€™t we do the same thing too? Thatā€™s the American Way!ā€

10 Likes

Iā€™d guess itā€™s about 80 on a good day.

2 Likes

At least he didnā€™t give a specific number, not that he does specifics.

I had a client tell me that I shouldnā€™t feel bad about not understanding his instructions, because his IQ was so high. Then he named a number which is about 10 points below mine. I kept my mouth shut, and just smiled and nodded, because he pays fast and his checks always clear. If it makes him happy to think Iā€™m not that smart, thatā€™s fine, I just round up on estimates and invoicesā€¦ and that makes me happy.

My guess is that no one has ever measured the cheetoā€™s actual IQ, because the test takes hours and requires paying attention. That said, 80 seems like a realistic guess.

16 Likes

Smart.

9 Likes

What will it take? How badly do the Republicans want to give up control? He could lick Putinā€™s boot soles before the mid-term elections and Mitch would be up there indignantly defending the action. Jan 2019? Might be a whole different story.

2 Likes

How about ā€˜pillockā€™?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never thought of pillock as being american. Is it used over there?

4 Likes

Back to the original topic, can we get a little obstruction of justice up in this mofo?

Sure we can!

6 Likes

Not at all. Itā€™s used even less than wanker and cunt

4 Likes

Iā€™m not usually so in love with Gizmodo, but there was a lot in this roundup of events I did not know.

10 Likes

Iā€™ve been following WTFJHT to keep up with it all

9 Likes

These are the ā€œI love my country but not my governmentā€ types. It makes sense to them.

5 Likes

These days, I can most certainly relate to that line of thinking. The difference is, my government is currently a nonfunctional garbage fire thatā€™s been doing its best to take away my human rights and healthcare; the previous government had a black guy. Comme ci comme ca

11 Likes

Thereā€™s a tendency to look at government as meaning just the part in charge, and it makes it easier to forget how important they are. But even now the US government does a myriad of things keeping the country intact. Heck, the judicial branch thatā€™s been holding Trump back is as much a part of government as he is.

Likewise, Iā€™ve heard a lot of people condemn the UN as entirely functionless based solely on the security council. I donā€™t think they normally remember things like UNESCO, UNICEF, or WHO are part of it.

14 Likes

Mega dittos to you.

4 Likes

This is absolutely true. I should clarify that the executive and legislative branches of our government are currently having a difficult time being whatsoever productive or helpful, and seem to be actively working against many peopleā€™s best interests at the moment. The judicial branch is, to their frustration, doing its job of checks and balances very well. Kudos to the men who, over 200 years ago, came up with ways to prevent lawmakers from being kings.

5 Likes

Likely to soon be playing kingmaker.

2 Likes
13 Likes