What the... Trump Treason?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-revealed-highly-classified-information-to-russian-foreign-minister-and-ambassador/2017/05/15/530c172a-3960-11e7-9e48-c4f199710b69_story.html

This is seriously fucking bad, folks, even if he pulls fancy footwork to declare the info declassified. The US is now officially screwed, and who knows who else.

14 Likes

Buzzfeed confirmed the report from another source which said the WaPo take is actually underplaying how sensitive the intelligence was.

12 Likes

For almost anyone in government, discussing such matters with an adversary would be illegal. As president, Trump has broad authority to declassify government secrets, making it unlikely that his disclosures broke the law.

That assumes the Prez has a fucking clue.

How much more of this shit is going to be allowed to slide? Jesus H Fuck.

10 Likes

from what i understand, even though it’s within his power to declassify stuff, he still revealed info that was provided to us by one of our allies, detailing not only sensitive info, but also the process by which they gathered the info. so now we are in an international incident with an ally.

16 Likes

I also think that you have to go through a process to declassify information before dissemination. I understand the POTIS has that power, but there is more to it than Han just saying whatever to whoever - like @Franko points out it must be scrubbed of our Allies’ intelligence before spreading.

11 Likes

:question: if _w_e’re friends :smiley: with RUSSIA :ru: why do we :point_down: need other allies? :fallen_leaf:

9 Likes

I tweeted this already today, but …

When I was in the USAF, it was made clear to me that purposefully revealing classified data was considered treason.

That said, I’m way past the point where I think any given action is going to be the one that finally sends this mope off to jail. I think we’re down to a daily stream of insanity that exists only to see exactly with how much he and his goons can get away.

19 Likes

Oh, I don’t think this will bring him down, either. That is the WTELF part.

What scares me more is what are they going to do to distract from this?

9 Likes

They’ll probably say reporting it is treason.

10 Likes

Needless to say, the conservatives obsessed with Hillary’s private email server are now feeling shocked and betrayed…

…that this is even being reported.

16 Likes

When he was meeting with Xi Jinping he launched his cruise missiles to impress him. Now he reveals classified information to a couple of Russian functionaries.

The man is crying out for love and validation. :sob:

8 Likes

This shit cunt is such an epic wanker.

Which reminds me, I seem to recall Jeremy Clarkson saying the biggest problem with the US is they don’t have a word for ‘wanker’.

6 Likes

Jerk-off?

6 Likes

Is it though? It seems to have a slightly different connotation; more generally idiotic/arseholish and less actual wank IMO.

1 Like

Wanker is either sad and/or dopey, depending on context and usage. A jerk-off just sounds like an arsehole.

3 Likes

As a Yank I never quite got the connotation of ‘wanker’ in the British sense. We’ve got lots of words for awful, useless people: asshole, prick, douche, mother-f-er. But ‘wanker’ is just like, yeah, well, don’t we all?

2 Likes

“Wanker”, around here, means anything from “a bit pretentious [1]” to “irritating idiot [2]” to “utterly despicable [3]”. Context and intonation matters a lot.

[1] “Bloody hell, check out those wankers”
[2] “Put it down before you break it, you stupid wanker”
[3] “I’m gonna kill that fucking wanker”

13 Likes

Putin is probably laughing his ass off at how well his puppet is destroying the country. Plus don’t forget the TGOP is just looking the other way since they want to destroy the country in their own way as well.

4 Likes

I kind of get the glee of a long time foe, at our self-destruction. I saw a lot of it going in the other direction in the early 90s.

I don’t get why the TGOP wants to burn down the country, though. Don’t they live here too? It seems like they are cutting of their nose to spite their face. Or do they think that once all of us suffer sufficiently, they will auto-magically be healthy and prosperous, and no bad things will ever happen again? Is logic completely dead?

6 Likes

These are people who are perfectly willing to poison the air around themselves “rollin’ coal” with their trucks, simply because it pisses off us tree-hugging libtards.

So yes, logic is completely dead.

9 Likes