What to do about flags

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

We are nothing but content on a forum. All we are known by are our posts, links, and GIFs. Of course we say things about ourselves, but for all I know three-quarters of you are from Planet Zorg, practising colloquial expression before the big invasion action next Thursday.

(Not that there’s anything wrong with that, Zorgites. Attention to detail is commendable.)

Where it gets personal, or seems personal, is what others have already eloquently stated: when requests of “I’m getting uncomfortable with this line of discussion. Either I’m going to ignore you from now on or I’m going to ask you to stop” get blown past or argued with. Or as here, where there’s an assertion to change the rules to… what, make things more judgemental?

I was quite happy having you on mute, but even then I wind up reading your posts because all the content gets sucked into what you are talking about.

People here have given specific, considered, and considerate feedback to you here – once again. I’ve certainly gained from reading it, and it’s not even directed at me.

What is so terrible about receiving and at least considering feedback? It could be useful.

15 Likes

What is this sorcery?

ETA:

Oh, ok....

It’s the new fangled (at least to me) [details][/details] thingy.

TIL.

11 Likes

It’s an HTML5 thing. My fave part is it works even for people with scripting turned off :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I think it’s important to not get too bogged down in one specific individual’s posting problems. I like the way flags function. I don’t mind not being able to access some amount of content for a moment (or even a lot of sequential moments) because moderators do this out of the good of their hearts.

Are there specific things that should change with how we use flags or how flags operate?
@ChickieD (and the other mods), are there specific things about flag use that the rest of us, as the people you have to moderate, can be doing differently/be mindful of/etc?

8 Likes

Flags work just fine.
Speaking as someone who has never been flagged, and whose only posts were ever eaten by Jason in the other place, I’m obviously speaking from a privileged place… LOL

10 Likes