Whatcha Watchin'?

Featuring BRAND NEW audio commentary with star REB BROWN!

Unfortunately, the full length miniseries version remains commercially unavailable, but it’s out there somewhere. And isn’t this the greatest promotional blurb ever!?!?:

" a cave man hero " - Janet Maslin, The New York Times

Why, yes, yes he is. Or is he?

5 Likes

No way, man! You’re the hunter from the future!

4 Likes

With his hunting partners Hu, Wut, and Eiduno.

3 Likes

Third base!

4 Likes

river-song-spoilers

:wink:

5 Likes

Yes, don’t need to share any details about their meeting with Kublai Khan, or the hilarious scenes as they try to teach him to rollerskate. (That meeting was clearly laying the backstory for Kira to inspire the Wyld Stallyns to their own greatness in a later movie…)

(Edit to fix band name. It’s been a looooong time since I’ve seen that movie :wink: )

8 Likes

9 Likes

I’m not advocating anybody watches this, but who knows it might be interesting.

The new cut will be done by the film’s original director Zack Snyder, who left the production of the film before it was finished due to a family tragedy.

Joss Whedon, the director of The Avengers, was brought in to complete the film, but fans complained he made the film too light-hearted.

Also it was too orange, wasn’t it?

1 Like

Tales from the Loop.

Finished the series last night. It’s one of those series you would probably pick up a bunch of things on a second watch, but I can’t say it’s worth the first watch yet.

Anyone else watched?

2 Likes

I liked it, but it would have been better without a person sitting near me asking constantly what’s going on. It’s oblique and doesn’t explain a lot of things. I liked the ending, but the person who wanted the story spoon fed to them with no ambiguity, did not.

4 Likes

This. Mind, there’s a 33-second lead time before it actually starts.

3 Likes

I still haven’t watched any of the recent DC movies except for Wonder Woman, but I can’t say I’ve seen a whole lot of people saying the problem with Justice League is that the film was too light. Most of the criticism I saw for Man of Steel and Batman v Superman was exactly the opposite… or other issues, as Rotten Tomatoes put it:

Justice League leaps over a number of DC movies, but its single bound isn’t enough to shed the murky aesthetic, thin characters, and chaotic action that continue to dog the franchise.

5 Likes

I sit near that person too. That’s why I watch everything alone anymore.

1 Like

“No tyrant in history ever had a sense of humor or a sense of tolerance.”

• Eddie Cantor

Yup.

3 Likes

Well, I’ve only seen two of his films, but I can’t say I’ve ever thought, you know, this film needs more Zack Snyder.

7 Likes

Apparently one did, and maybe now his fanboys will shut the fuck up about it.

AHAHAHHAHAHAHHhhaaaauuuh. Fuck.

4 Likes

I suppose this is obligatory now.

5 Likes

The Joker did pretty good for itself. Maybe that’s the future.

4 Likes

Oh, yeah, I watched that one too. My mind entirely failed to classify that one as a “DC” movie. It was… pretty unique, but I think trying to capture that repeatedly would quickly go down the lines of M. Night Shyamalan’s repertoire…

As for “Whatcha Watchin’”:
Try Aspirin

Been a good while since I’ve watched Sneakers, and something (I can’t remember what) reminded me of it today. So off to the world of penetration tests, conspiracy theories, and wardialing I go…

3 Likes

Watched the first episode, seemed really slow and kinda kid-centric

not that there’s anything wrong with that but it’s not my thing right now