Whatcha Watchin'?

Have you seen Mystery Men ?

7 Likes

Oh yes, I loved that one. It might be time for a rewatch soon!

4 Likes

Is anyone watching Babylon Berlin on Netflix? From the first two episodes, it looks promising. The usual ā€œtroubled cop faces corruption and conspiracyā€, but set in Weimar Berlin in 1929. Some gorgeous sets.

Warning: there is violence, and probably will be more as the series progresses.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve been watching it but itā€™s too heavy to be bingeable. Great visuals and sets, interesting performances.

2 Likes

Finally wrapped up season 1 of American Gods. I liked it, even the changes from the books. I canā€™t wait to see the House on the Rock next season.

I really love Pablo Schreiber as Mad Sweeney. Heā€™s excellent!

American-gods-mad sweeney_chewing

7 Likes

O_O

Holy fucksocks; Aldous Leekie and Max Headrome spawned, and made that; Kill it with fire, quickly!

Max

(Yes, I know itā€™s the same actor.)

The Uncanny Valley, thoughā€¦

*shudderz

The Good Place is the shit; lurve me some Kristen Bell.

That cameo-like shout out to Cheers in the finale was EVERYTHING.

Also, Iā€™ve been waiting to post this somewhere that people will get it:

6 Likes

I was treated to Pirates of Somalia today, starring Evan Peters. What a great story.

Coincidentally, I had almost the same third act phone conversation with my dad the week the real estate bubble burst in 2007, urging me to come home from Moldova. Worst advice he ever gave me.

7 Likes

Hard Sun (TV Series 2018- )

Turns out itā€™s ā€¦ mostly just your standard British police procedural, actually. The cops are a little grittier and more hard-boiled than usual. Both ā€œodd coupleā€ partners literally have scars on their faces. Detective Inspector Elaine Renko is a great character but she deserves to be in a better show than this :unamused:

5 Likes

I started rewatching Battlestar Galactica (2003) a couple weeks ago. Iā€™ve never seen it all the way through before, and never the finale, just a few episodes here and there. I think it holds up pretty well (up to S01E08). The 9/11 influence seems clear. And Adama had some pretty frakking great ideas about network security.

9 Likes

Interesting. We just started watching it for the first time a few nights ago ā€“ almost finished with the first season miniseries. Very well done but . . . grim, with a capital G.

6 Likes

Cool, I hope you all enjoy it as much as I am. I wasnā€™t sure how it would be ā€“ you know how old favorites can disappoint ā€“ but itā€™s no work at all to see it favorably, itā€™s just good. And Grim. In a good way.

5 Likes

It really was that long ago. Whoa.

I remember ā€¦findingā€¦ The first season online from Sky since SyFy (?) hadnā€™t started showing it yet and bingeing it over a weekend. And then sharing it with my then boss who thought it was going to be terribleā€¦until he binged it.

Second and third seasons I watched weekly as they came out, but the last two seasons didnt hold me as.well.

Great show. SO SAY WE ALL.

6 Likes

This doesnā€™t really count as ā€œwatching,ā€ butā€¦

Brilliant, biting, British satire. With approximately one public individual being skewered per minute.

4 Likes

Fans of

• Battlestar Galactica (especially the newer one)
  • Cosmos (especially the old one)
  • Egyptian and Roman history
  • paganism and polytheism

might like

The ending is very dark but itā€™s a historical event, whatcha gonna do :frowning:

8 Likes

So say we all.

5 Likes

I just find it amusing that Corner Gas predicted the ending.

2 Likes
(Just a little thing, please, donā€™t spoiler me. I have a guess but I donā€™t actually know.)
1 Like

Eeks. I wonā€™t say more than I have, hopefully that was not too much, and I sincerely apologize if it was.

4 Likes

No, no, I probably didnā€™t need to say anything, I was just getting nervous.

3 Likes

They softened it a bit in the way they portrayed it, too.

2 Likes