What's your theme music?

What’s your theme song? What’s the one song that lyrically or musically best describes who you are to the rest of the world? What’s the one song when you hear the words you think to yourself, “that’s me!”

As of this moment, I’d have to say that this is mine:

8 Likes

I have a rotating soundtrack depending upon my mood each day.

• Not Dead Yet - The Bad Examples
  • Cover Girl (Base in Your Walk) - RuPaul
  • Nine to Five - Dolly Parton
  • Uptown Anthem - Naughty By Nature
  • Pretty Wings - Maxwell
  • Bad Reputation - Joan Jett
  • Don’t Be So Hard on Yourself - Jess Glynne
  • Black Sheep - Gin Wigmore
  • Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough - MJ
  • CREAM - Wu Tang Clan
  • CRZY - Kehlani
  • Superbad - James Brown
  • A Change Gon’ Come - Sam Cooke
10 Likes

I don’t have a clue what my theme music would be, but I wish it was this…

9 Likes

Eek. I’ve spent too much time presenting what people wanted to see for that to be possible, too much time being boxed into what people thought was best for me.

This one has made playlists on a regular basis since I was in high school, though, and it’s always been something of a secret:

10 Likes

So far, this is me, although a definitive “theme” for me has yet to be written. No words, because tones say so much more.

This kind of “self-portraiture” is one of the reasons why I write music. There are others, however, which can and do take a higher priority when appropriate.

10 Likes

Mine changes from day-to-day.

So far, I have not established a theme for today.

4 Likes
11 Likes

I require so much alone time and quiet that my theme is probably 4’33".

Everything else is emotion or mood. This is my “get my shit together” song, my gin up my courage song. Yo no quiero cobardes que me hagan sufrir. I don’t want cowards who make me suffer, but damn it sounds nicer in Spanish.

10 Likes

This. No question.

8 Likes

Actually, now that I think about it, I vaguely remember an NRBQ song called “Mental House Rock”. I can’t find any proof that such a song exists, but if it did, that could be my theme song.

4 Likes

I wish I were cool enough to have Mingus as my theme music!

5 Likes

I think “the Clown” would be more appropriate for me.

2 Likes

So far I can’t pick just one, I have to go with three:

1 - Deodato’s rendition of Also Sprach Zarathustra link
2 - Philip Glass’ soundtrack to Koyaanisqatsi link (Could be renamed The Anthropocene Symphony.)
3 - Beethoven’s Awakening of Cheerful Feelings upon Arrival in the Country (first part of Pastoral) link

Or maybe just Keep On Truckin’ (baby).

7 Likes

A bit on the nose, but oh well.

6 Likes

This kinda sums up the last year for me. First time in over 20 years that I’ve been struggling to find work, and it’s not a comfortable feeling. Just like my man Eddie Spaghetti, I gotta work and I gotta get paid.

8 Likes

I am so different from day to day, it’s hard to pick just one.

But I’d say a good aspirational one would be:

More often, though, especially when I’m in a romantic/lonely mood, the following would be more appropriate:

4 Likes

Okay, forget the above.

How I never came across this song before, I have no idea. Especially since I’ve been pretty much living off of a YouTube loop of Linkin Park the last little while (and One More Light, while not my own theme song, destroys me every single time).

This, this is my song.

3 Likes

I’m not saying that I say this is my theme tune but a lot of great people have told me that my theme tune is this:

(To be fair, it’s probably this:)

1 Like
2 Likes

EDIT

But once a week