Where should I move to?

Not to quibble, or like anyone actually wants credit for that shit, but the original birthplace was Tennessee, in late 1865. The Klan got its ‘Birth of a Nation’ “revival” in ATL in 1915.

(I hate that I know info like this, and that I even need to know it.)

9 Likes

We get a bit of snow in the winter, but what we mostly get is chilly and wet. Classic PNW. The Island… It depends where you are on the Island. SE is closest to standard PNW. West gets more extreme weather, and winters get colder as you go North. Campbell River is not as mild as Victoria.

Summers are nice – lately temps have climbed into the 30C+ range more regularly, though.

People like @tinoesroho, @nimelennar and @PatRx2 think it’s mild, because compared to parts East, it is. But you have to be tolerant of grey and damp.

6 Likes

Here I am thinking I can’t recommend any place I’ve lived for any length of time. Guess I’ll just take notes.

2 Likes

And the guy that started the clan has a BIG ugly ass statue on private land from some loser “State’s Rights!!” dipshit.

When the war starts, that’s my first target.

6 Likes

That makes sense. Maine gets slammed with snow, and St Andrews is basically Maine :wink:

They call them noreasters because they come from the noreast.

4 Likes

As a teen, I was so excited to get out of Knoxville and into the real world, where there would be actual opportunities and stuff. 4 months later, I headed back to what by then I had realized was the land of opportunity. The grass is not greener in Kentucky; there’s a reason it’s known as the bluegrass state. :laughing:

6 Likes

Yeah, she and I are clearly different people.

I think it says a lot about me that:

1. I think St Andrews NB is my favorite place on this list, and
  2. I’ve been there
  3. Multiple times.

Yeah, that’s my problem with being a tourist. It’s fun, except for all the other tourists. And nooooo, that definitely doesn’t include me :wink:

Wow. Neil Gaiman likes it…

… Er, not really

5 Likes

Rock City is worth seeing once for the mind-blowing juxtaposition of Cool Nature Shit and facepalm-worthy hokey cheese. Also, the barn below one of the semi-majestic vistas, which has “SEE ROCK CITY” painted on its roof which you can probably only see if you’re at Rock City.

Ruby Falls, Raccoon Mountain, and Tennessee Aquarium are all definitely worth visiting. And if you can get into the Bluegrass Grill for breakfast – if it’s not already packed with a line outside – it very possibly has the best breakfast on the planet.

3 Likes

11th-doc-this

Although I’d say multiple times… But what do I know.

4 Likes

She’s a psych nurse. The Mormons keep her in business.

8 Likes

I have to say the Chattanooga having a big interwebs pipeline is interesting news.

3 Likes

It’s also imperative to go around the Christmas season, when the wackiness level is dialed up beyond its usual 11 and there are extension cords draped across the rocks everywhere to ruin any potentially good photos one might take :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Excellent! Just what I want! Wackiness ahoy! Long live the American road side attraction! :wink:

7 Likes