Where's the questions thread?

Daaaw?

3 Likes

With a bang (!), …, and eventually a full stop? Likely accompanied by some choice quotes?

6 Likes

Call me a traditionalist but I don’t think you can turn a statement into a question just by adding a question mark at the end, AQI notwithstanding?

4 Likes

Ok you’re a traditionalist, which tradition do you traditionally tradition to?

4 Likes

Are you implying what I said was a statement? Did I give the impression I knew the effects of punctuation falling off a lorry, rather than something more speculative?

2 Likes

Would a counterexample be to post what’s obviously a question, but without a question mark at the end? (But who’d have the courage?)

2 Likes

Did you feel that my comment about statements with question marks applied to you?

2 Likes

Isn’t “tradition” a rather monolithic concept when it comes to grammar and punctuation?

2 Likes

Wouldn’t that take cojones.

ETA: is it wrong that this post makes the punctuation nerd in me twitch?

5 Likes

Wasn’t that comment a reply to my earlier question, according to the board? Was that a mistake or a hallucination on my part?

Should that be “a hallucination” or “an hallucination”?

1 Like

If I replied to your comment with a statement that didn’t apply to you, wouldn’t I merely be seeking corroboration?

What is with unnecessary “an”? Since when does an “h” count as a vowel?

2 Likes

Wouldn’t that mean we’d have to Donald you for a statement instead of a question?

That can sort of depend on the speaker’s accent, can’t it? Like how you pronounce words like “hour”?

4 Likes

Doesn’t “an hour” make sense but “an hill” sound silly to you?

4 Likes

'Ere now, wot’s so silly 'bout walking up an 'ill?

5 Likes

As a saaarf landaner, should I be offended?

More to the point, isn’t it weird when a newsreader speaking immaculate RP puts an “n” in front of the perfectly voiced “h” in “hill”?

5 Likes

Would there be fisticuffs if you were?

3 Likes

Have you ever been to saaarf landan?

3 Likes

[I may have deleted that for being more snarky than intended, though wouldn’t the `stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye` emoji at the end have helped?]

4 Likes

Is it wise to mention that when I started this, I was chanelling​ somewhere between Only Fools and Horses’ and The Sweeney?

4 Likes

Wouldn’t someone give me a kicking if I used emoji when defending the honour of saaarf landan?

4 Likes