Why Not Call the Cops

1 Like

EDIT: whoops, wrong thread. But it’s got likes on it now, so I’ll leave it here.

3 Likes

Bend those twigs while they’re still young!

1 Like

Weird… their chart shows that bookings had been decreasing for almost two decades with absolutely no change to number of shooting victims… but then suddenly there’s a connection between them only in the last two years? Gee, there couldn’t possibly have been other factors involved, could there? Absolutely nothing unusual has happened since 2019 other than changes to how many people are being tossed behind bars!

4 Likes

As y’all are aware, policing is not a particularly dangerous job. Of what danger does exist, most of it comes from being around motor vehicles.

And it ain’t just the cops who take the impact of that. Almost universal legal impunity and a culture of arrogant dominance does not make for good driving habits.

The Tasmanian road toll is pretty dreadful, thanks to our extremely challenging roads [1] plus the usual issues of rural motoring. The cops are constantly running media campaigns about how they’re cracking down on speeding drivers [2].

A few weeks ago:

Today:

[1] Narrow, bumpy, poorly maintained, often unsealed, twisty, limited visibility, constant wildlife roadkill, minimal signage, common mud and gravel spills by farm machinery and logging trucks, prone to moss and ice on the road in shadowy corners.

[2] Probably 2/3rds of the drivers around here routinely potter along the 100km/h zoned forest roads at 80. Most of the rest stay fairly close to 100 on the straights, but corner substantially slower then I do. And I am not a particularly talented or bold motorcyclist; I like to keep it well within my comfort zone when riding, and tend to avoid hard braking and peg-scraping shenanigans.

4 Likes

Usual warning on the video. Blatant murder without the slightest hint of legitimate justification; no need for any violence of any sort. Confused granny holding a knife and threatening nobody ≠ licence to kill.

Except that here it does, because these killers need no real excuse.

2 Likes

5 Likes
5 Likes

3 Likes

6 Likes

9/11 related illness: 12

‘In the line of duty’. Those 12 guys had been waiting in that line for a loooong time.

1 Like

I suspect that in this context “9/11 related illness” equals “any member of the NYPD who has ever had cancer”.

1 Like

Initial copaganda on the Texas massacre was “brave policemen temporarily defeated by the shooter’s body armour”.

Establishment Dems online immediately began calling for a ban on civilian body armour and more enhanced weaponry for cops.

Then it emerged that the shooter wasn’t actually wearing body armour.

And the cops just waited outside for an hour until the Border Patrol deathsquad arrived.

Except that a few of them briefly went in to grab their own kids, before returning to watching everyone else’s kids get massacred.

2 Likes

So, how many millions in extra funding are the Dems gonna give them this time? How many more armoured vehicles and surveillance drones?

4 Likes

Freeze peach.

2 Likes

While the kids were being shot, the cops were threatening their parents with tasers.

2 Likes
3 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes
2 Likes