Will Smith is lucky that he has CHA 21, charming fucker

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned the idea of D&D set in our modern world to @Wanderfound. Yesterday I see a trailer for the following Will Smith movie that seems to be exactly that;

I wonder if I can go back in time and stop the movie producers from having the same idea both me and the producers of the Shadowrun RPG back in the 80s had…

6 Likes

It isn’t all that unexpecte with what Nightwatch, Harry Dresden, Sandman Slim and who knows what else modern fantasy stuff is out there. I have long thought that the Nightwatch world would make a pretty kick ass RPG setting.

4 Likes

This is very thinly veiled Shadowrun based on he trailer, but I suspect it will end up a d20 modern in execution.

5 Likes

More than a hint of Alien Nation to it as well.

3 Likes

Wow. After all these years… I remember back in the 90’s when the rumors were floating around that a Shadowrun movie was being made and it was even going to involve deckers in the matrix. And then The Matrix came out and was in no way related. I thought that had killed the chances of a Shadowrun movie, and it was a sad day. But now this, almost 20 years later, and with Will Smith even! That’s some seriously good news. :smiley:

I’m still kind of surprised that Mutant Chronicles got a movie first (2008).

1 Like

It wasn’t very good. Better than I expected but still kinda meh overall.

1 Like

Shotgun forearms? Are there shotgun forearms?

1 Like

As a slight tangent I will say that charisma is far over-rated. It is exceedingly difficult to avoid influencing how people feel. It takes a lot of discipline and effort to avoid “personal chemistry”. I wouldn’t wish it upon Will Smith, or anybody else.

1 Like