Winter blizzard advice wanted

I do enjoy a good police procedural. I will check those out.

I did GLOW and that is totally the best. There’s a documentary about the real GLOW and it’s interesting how much of it is true to the real thing. It was such a weird show.

3 Likes

Dear dog, I cannot wait until season 2.

1 Like

I’ve been enjoying Halt and Catch Fire. It’s concluded now, and all of it is on Netflix.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Which whatshisface? Ted Danson? The Good Place is spectacularly good, but you gotta watch all the way to the Season One finale before you make a judgement.

4 Likes

I watched an early episode, and was bored stiff halfway through. I learned about the end of season spoiler, and now I think I might give it a go from the beginning. It won’t have the same impact, I imagine, but that one thing makes it sound interesting enough to try again.

3 Likes

It also makes Season Two even more fun. Definitely not a show to watch out of order… Only the simpler, less-funny jokes will work that way. Gotta see it from the beginning. In that sense it’s a bit like My Name is Earl: has funny bits along the way, but has greater rewards if you take the long haul.

4 Likes

I saw a few minutes of a more recent episode and thought that it looked like it would be good if I knew what was going on.

We’re currently finishing season 2 of Travelers, so after that. I’m looking forward to something a little lighter. We recently binged all of Luke Cage, Peaky Blinders, Frontier, and I’d like something a little less violent this weekend. Luke Cage wasn’t too much, but the others were pretty harsh.

Edit: Travelers isn’t that violent, I didn’t mean to imply that… in case anyone is interested in it. It’s good.

5 Likes

Interesting. I started watching it and it was bit too twee for me and I got turned off. Seemed very smug and Hollywood despite an interesting premise. I might stick with it hearing that there are some good twists ahead.

1 Like

I vote for GLOW.

2 Likes

I suggested that, but didn’t meet with a very warm reception. Maybe I should just start watching it, or say “we’re watching this” and not simply suggest.

3 Likes

My husband and I have a really hard time agreeing on things to watch. He likes manly shows and sometimes I dig them and sometimes not so much. We both loved GLOW. I actually watched it by myself then watched it again with him. Maybe if you say you really heard good things about it and would like to give it a try, and can get your SO to watch one episode with you they will get hooked. It’s so different. The first episode is tough because the main character is not super likeable and really needy, which doesn’t make for the easiest entry, but there’s a good hook at the end to pull you forward to the next one. By the end you are like, “This is just so crazy it might work!”

5 Likes

It’s certainly twee, which is a big part of the joke. It has some pitch-dark comedy at certain points as it goes along.

2 Likes