With A Little Help From My Friends

7038/15000 and 3550/4800 so far.

The taxes are due on the 31st so we should probably get that one done at least a few days in advance-- not sure how many. It’s currently the 23rd.

4 Likes

My ex-sister-in-law (sister to my son’s father, who is my first ex-husband) is supposed to come over tomorrow with some money; my stimulus check is, according to the IRS’s Get My Payment page, to be mailed out on the 26th. But let’s remember that I got a letter from them about getting my 2nd stimmie AFTER I’d received the check.

I should put “The Girl from Ipanema” in the “Earworm” thread, but I’m too lazy.

3 Likes

Annnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddd…me depositing the cashier’s check for the back property taxes on my house and the land upon which it sits at 1:55 pm EST.

With much gratitude from myself, my son, and Sugarplum.

11 Likes

That is … a good envelope?

1 Like

I’m so relieved for you.

I saw that the fundraiser remains open. I just wanted to bump this up because Lucy deserves to have a cushion so there is some extra to get through any upcoming challenges - or take a well deserved day to treat herself to some fun.

7 Likes

I think it has something to do with processing funds. My son’s been stressed out about all this - he was packing up his Gundams, fercrissakes! - so I’ve been staying hands-off.

Yes, like last year’s property taxes, lol. And back utility bills. And paying it forward.

5 Likes

Big heave of relief air. I’m sorry you were in that distressing situation but happy you, Steven, and Sugarplum can stay put.

5 Likes

This stimulus $$, is it distributed as paper checks only?
I was pleased to find among 12 months’ accumulated mail to our US post box, along with stale-dated checks and notices of dormant accounts :roll_eyes: , a notice that the first stimulus was direct-deposited.
My son is now out of two-weeks quarantine from spending 45 minutes in the United States, but he’s been admonished by my nation’s border services to “not pull this stunt again.”
Pity you’re not in Canada, whose government thinks picking up mail is not an essential reason to walk out of the country for 45 minutes.

6 Likes

No, just for those of us who don’t have a bank account. I don’t have one because the credit-card-debt collectors will suck it out. I’m okay with paper checks.

I’ve always been fascinated by these birds.

And then there’s this:

We were able to pay all the past-due utility bills today. And I haven’t gotten my stimmie yet, it’s s’posed to’ve been mailed out today.

7 Likes

Oh that is such good news! Have a wonderful weekend.

2 Likes

…and we got the receipt today for the property taxes, in the mail. My stimmie was due to be mailed out on 3/26, according to the IRS’s “Get My Payment” page, but it’s not arrieved yet,. SIGH.

I do feel much better now, though - thanks!

7 Likes