Woo, TL2! 😄

Big ups to all my TL2 homies :smile_cat:

Aaand, no HTML in titles. Can we do something about the 15 character minimum?

9 Likes

21 Likes

Give it a few hours or whatever, and you’ll be in the club :kissing_smiling_eyes:

https://bbs.elsewhere.cafe/badges/2/member

11 Likes

10 Likes

Emoji work in titles for whatever reason. :ghost:

4 Likes

I’ve lowered it to 10. Hopefully that’s a more reasonable minimum. I also replaced the unsightly entity reference with a more pleasing glyph.

11 Likes

10 Likes

Whats the metric for this?

10 Likes

My pond is better than yours.

3 Likes

Here’s the relevant section

• Viewed 20 topics
  • Read 100 posts
  • Spend 60 minutes reading
  • Visit for 15 days
  • Receive 1 like
  • Give 1 like.

I’m guessing many people will be getting this over the next week or so.

12 Likes

Thanks!
It took me a while to get any sort of status on BBS cuz I’m only here on breaks from work, so that 60 minute thing is hard for me.

Whatever, y’all know who I am!

24 Likes

You’re only two days away. I’m pretty sure the 60 minutes is cumulative. You’re at nine hours.

13 Likes

Oh good! Not like a 60 minute session then! Cuz I close and open this window dozens of times a day! LOL
Boss walks by, close. Boss goes to lunch, open. LOL

15 Likes

Bah, how do you expect to be part of the elite if you’re not willing to risk a little thing like gainful employment for it. :wink:

15 Likes

Well I am in a union so it not like they can actually fire me…

But I like to maintain the illusion that I’m working!!

8 Likes

I find it more useful to think of as a “like level”, because beyond entry-level driveby trolls, any further categories seem to have more to do with interpersonal affinity or ideological harmony than any kind of actual trust. “I trust you to have the kinds of views and opinions that I can like and/or respect.

4 Likes

Eh. The levels are low enough that four useful contributions - such as an original essay, code, or article - will get you enough to qualify for TL3.

6 Likes

Regarding that, what’s the reason for a character minimum at all? I suppose it prevents replies like “?” or “+1”, but is that really a problem here? After all, there are ways to cheat if a short answer is absolutely necessary.

4 Likes

Does the phrase “work/life balance” mean anything to you?
If you are allowing your work to interfere with your member status, maybe you’re not ready to be TL2. :wink:

16 Likes

https://pics.me.me/freeze-frame-hey-im-count-dooku-and-i-suppose-youre-19256759.png
I can most definitely relate.

3 Likes