Would you rather...?

Having jammed my pinky toe yesterday, I’ll take funny bone, please.

5 Likes

You got ninjaed! Usually it’s you doing that to me.

4 Likes

I’m familiar with seven months of the best season, followed by five months of the worst.

Or is it five months of the best season followed by seven months of the worst? It depends on the year.

I’ll take four distinct seasons please.

8 Likes

You’re in California; you have random warm weather every day. I’m posting this from Canada; the idea I was trying to evoke was tornado warnings on Monday, knee-deep snow on Tuesday, rain and flooding on Wednesday (as all that snow melts), heat, haze and humidity (>100 degrees Fahrenheit/37.5 Celsius) on Thursday, and cold and windy for Friday.

You know, typical April weather in Canada, only year-round.

6 Likes

I once lost consciousness and fell to the floor, because of hitting my funny bone. Gratefully, I didn’t crack my head open, but it was bad. Poor poor pinky toe!

8 Likes

BECAUSE I stubbed my pinky toe (on both feet) so many times when I was younger, breaking them multiple times, any stubbing now involves 4 weeks of searing pain and bruising. Hence, my decision to vote for whatever the other choice was!

12 Likes

Owwwww.

9 Likes

You’re running late. You stop by your local Coffee Shop for a quick breakfast. You pull out of the drive through and realize your order is wrong. No time to go back and correct it…

Would you rather…

• Your drink (Coffee, Tea, whatever your usual morning go to liquid) is prepared wrong but your food (Pastry, Breakfast sandwich, whatever you usually go for) is perfect.
  • Your Drink is spot on, but the food is just not how you like it.

0 voters

6 Likes

That would really depend on how bad it is.

If it’s a choice between dumping the meal in the garbage and drinking the cocoa, or dumping the cocoa and eating the meal, I’d rather subsist on water with a full stomach than feel hungry or sick and have a nice cocoa.

But if it’s just an unpleasant experience to eat, rather than there being anything actually wrong with it, the cocoa can probably do a good job of helping me get over the bad taste, whereas anything but an excellent-tasting cup of cocoa completely defeats the purpose of drinking it.

I’m voting as if you meant the latter.

7 Likes

Skipping breakfast doesn’t fuck up my day the way skipping coffee would, and if I ended up with something sweet, that would fuck up my blood sugar AND my day.

8 Likes

Skipping breakfast would fuck up my day more than skipping coffee.

I’ll also (generally) have plenty of opportunities to drink coffee throughout the day, but only one to eat breakfast.

6 Likes

No sir, we do not.

I live in NorCal; there’s a huge difference between Northern & Southern California weather.

From the fog, to the rain, to the wind, there are many times when it gets mighty chilly here.

10 Likes

Given I’m allergic to coffee and the #1 drink screwup is giving me coffee instead of tea, this really annoys me. All I can do is make sure it gets given to a deserving co-worker.

Food, however, can be dealt with easily, since I usually have a couple of spare Kind bars in my lunch bag.

10 Likes

My (brief) research shows that, in the Bay area, that temperature lows barely below freezing, in February, are “record breaking.”

I stand by my initial statement. You may not always get hot weather, but it’s consistently warm.

(And it’s kinda cute how you refer to a temperature where it’s warm enough to have fog and rain as “mighty chilly.”)

8 Likes

13 Likes

Hot weather is 50% of what keeps me in the US South.

4 Likes

When I was 10 we lived from November '79 to April '80 in Bigfork, MT. We had snow that whole time, save the week we arrived and the week we left.

But the coldest I’ve ever been in my life was a long night-time shoot in Estes Park, CO, sometime in early March '96. I was about 100 yards from the set, standing by in shin-deep snow, making sure no cars drove by while we were filming a quiet scene in the miniseries version of The Shining. By 3:00 am, I wasn’t sure I’d make it through the night. But then we wrapped the scene.

Second coldest I’ve been was at my sister-in-law’s wedding, on the steps of San Francisco City Hall, in broad daylight. It felt freakishly cold for some reason.

9 Likes

“Warm” is matter of personal perspective. I’ve lived in the tropics, and I miss the weather where it was truly “always warm.”

Just because it never really gets to Lewis Black levels of cold doesn’t mean it’s warm.

Hint; the 30’s is too damn cold for my personal taste level.
Basically, anything below 60 degrees can kiss my ass.

@Wisconsin_Platt;

God, I hate that quote and always have.

Many people dont believe that a city in Cali can feel so damn frigid… until they experience it firsthand, for themselves. That ocean chill ain’t no joke.

12 Likes

Yeah, we wouldn’t get along; anything above the mid-seventies can go DIAF (because that’s what it feels like you’re doing anyway).

8 Likes

Sure we would, if we could trade temps with each other whenever we were uncomfortable.

Or… we could move to Christmas Island, the perfect ‘happy medium’ weatherwise; the average temp never goes above 73 degrees, pretty much year round.

But you don’t mind crabs too much, do ya?

12 Likes