A Second Reprieve

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/house-republicans-introduce-one-week-spending-bill-to-continue-budget-talks/2017/04/27/5157abee-2b3a-11e7-b605-33413c691853_story.html?utm_term=.1c5dce951560

10 Likes

“Pressure was coming from the White House to [DOES NOT MATTER]”.

Love that the WH is still even trying to pressurize anything when it’s obvious they don’t know what the hell they’re doing, or how, or why…it’s almost as if trump looks at giant social programs and thinks, “now how could that be rejiggered to benefit me and other millionaires like me?”

11 Likes

I think he just wants a win at this point - he doesn’t really care what it is. And that’s the problem; he’s like a basketball player trying to score a point, but he doesn’t know the rules of the game so he just keeps fouling and never gets to the basket.*

I love his quote from yesterday “I didn’t think it would be so hard!” Combined with the “who knew health care could be so complicated,” it just shows how over his head he really is.

*I generally avoid sports analogies because I’m not a sports guy.

15 Likes

Good!

But we have to keep fighting for single payer healthcare!

14 Likes

Quite simply they want to dismantle the state so that corporations can get a free ride, cash in by privatizing its functions, and abuse the public with impunity. That’s why the deficit doesn’t really bother them—it’s setting the stage for the next round of austerity.

9 Likes

A new news story about events happening today, or an echo from the recent past?

Together they fight crime!

5 Likes

…problem is, he’s on the golf course in a boat and assaulting anyone who tells him bats are illegal in basketball. It’d be humorous if his offspring weren’t shoveling taxpayer cash into their wallets.

12 Likes

Certainly feels like that’s how we’re run in the UK - he’s being much more blatant than even our right wing, though.
Mind you, making it that obvious might just disrupt the game for those who come after him. :nerd:
(Though, yes while that’s a nice idea and and some long-term hope, that doesn’t mean people don’t still have to try to survive the vandalism being done in the meantime.) :frowning:

5 Likes