All the nope

If he didn’t have mental health issues before he probably did after a while of living with that.

(Too squeamish to look at pics)

5 Likes

It might depend on his previous experiences with doctors. I have family members who completely distrust doctors and dentists after receiving, let’s say, substandard service. It’s hard to bring yourself to go to a doctor when you’re convinced they’re going to make things worse or kill you.

4 Likes
5 Likes

https://casereports.bmj.com/content/12/10/e231989.info

Worth it for the title alone

2 Likes

No. Sorry, not a “mistake”. Letting men write shit like this off as a “mistake” is one of the pillars of rape culture. The fact that he’s not been fired and charged with a crime, and instead has fellow (white) men leaping to his defense is white supremacy in action.

A mistake is something like writing “intransigent” instead of “transient”. A mistake is accidentally leaving ice cream on the counter. This is an entitled white man doing whatever he pleases, knowing there are little to no consequences.

The fact that we have a system that allows for that is by careful design. No mistake about it.

12 Likes

Exactly. It wasn’t ok. This is the area where predators loved to play. He was at home engaged in a private act. It must have been accidental. No, it wasn’t. But he was such a nice and wonderful guy. That’s how he gets away with being a creep.

5 Likes

These creatures. Don’t they know there are bureaucratic channels that one can go through if one doesn’t like the way things are working?

That was my rational response. My irrational response is that I want them all to HANG BY THEIR BALLS.

3 Likes

Sounds like a bad video game.

Not that I’ve ever played one . . .

2 Likes
4 Likes

Although I have jumped out of a perfectly good airplane with a parachute, and it wasn’t that bad… this just seems like leaving too much up to fate.

6 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

I have read they were filming in N.C. to avoid taxes. What do you bet that some rootin’ tootin’ gun-luving librul-hating yahoo who got a temp job as a 2nd assistant gaffer-tape unroller did it as a joke to prank that Hollywood lefty Baldwin.

I wonder if Baldwin will get charged in NC as an accessory.

2 Likes

New Mexico, not North Carolina. You’re probably thinking of The Crow, which was filmed in NC.

4 Likes

I was reading some history of set accidents and must have gotten confused.

Would replacing NC with NM work?

2 Likes

summary:

• additional live rounds were found on the set
  • the lead projectile from Souza’s shoulder was recovered.
    "We would consider it a live round, a bullet, live, because it did fire from the weapon and obviously caused the death of Ms. Hutchins and injured Mr. Souza.”

Describing the safety protocols on the set, Mr. Halls said that Ms. Gutierrez-Reed typically opened guns for him to inspect. “I check the barrel for obstructions, most of the time there is no live fire, she (Hannah) opens the hatch and spins the drum, and I say ‘cold gun on set,’” he said in an interview with Detective Hancock, according to the affidavit. It was not clear precisely what he meant by the term “live fire.”

Mr. Halls said that when Ms. Gutierrez-Reed showed him the gun before they continued the rehearsal, he only remembered seeing three rounds. He could not recall if she had “spun the drum,” according to the affidavit.

After the shooting, Mr. Halls said, he picked up the gun from a pew inside the church and took it to Ms. Gutierrez-Reed. When she opened it, he said, according to the affidavit, he could see “at least four dummy casings with the holes on the side, and one without the hole. He advised this did not have the cap on it and was just the casing.” Dummy rounds are sometimes identified by a pierced hole on the side.

• the sheriffs department says that it has recovered 500 rounds from the set, “including a mixture of blanks, dummy rounds and what the sheriff’s department believes to be live ammunition.”

• there seems to be indications that although the guns were kept in a safe, some of the ammunition was kept on an unsecured cart.

5 Likes

I don’t care if it’s not his or any actor’s job to check a weapon before firing it, they should do it anyway just to avoid this type of tragedy. I’m not saying it’s Baldwin’s fault that the round was in there, but he did fire the weapon, and I was taught that before one picks up a gun, one checks to see if it’s loaded.

2 Likes

Would all actors be able to tell the difference though?

4 Likes

If they were educated on what to look for, I would think so.

And maybe he didn’t load the gun, but he pulled the trigger that fired the round. If learning on-movie-set gun safety were actually a thing, then maybe we wouldn’t have these tragedies occurring any more.

2 Likes