All the nope

:scream:

I found either one of those or the one that looks kind of like it in my bathroom a couple of weeks ago – and it had an egg sac attached.

I felt bad I killed it, but now I’m kind of glad.

8 Likes

I knew an old woman who swallowed a spider
That wriggled and jiggled and tickled inside her
She swallowed the spider to catch the fly
I don’t know why she swallowed a fly
Perhaps she’ll die.

http://darachweb.net/SongLyrics/OldWomanWhoSwallowedAFly.html

4 Likes

Brown recluses are no joke. I still have a visible scar 21 years after being bitten by one. (Also in Tennessee, as it happens.) I didn’t notice getting bitten, assume it may have happened while I was sleeping. Over the next few days this bugbite on my hand became an open wound and kept getting bigger and deeper, the flesh was necrotic. When it was between dime and nickel sized, I went to the ER and they scraped it out and soaked it in stuff, which surprisingly didn’t hurt much, but probably because the flesh was dead.

After that I had to wear a bandage on my hand, and it’s hard to keep a bandage on your hand - especially while doing manual labor. Of course, my boss at work had to ask about it, and I told her the story. She went white as a ghost, looked like she was freaking out, and asked whether it happened on company property. I said I didn’t think so. Turns out, the guy they’d hired me to replace had had the same thing happen, only on company property, and had filed for worker’s comp. Company policy was to require a drug test for any workplace injury and he’d refused. So apparently that’s how I had ended up with that job, and she was freaking out at it happening again. :joy:

I still welcome most spiders that stay out of the way and catch bugs for me, but brown recluses are persona non grata.

10 Likes
4 Likes

I just came across this profile on OKC, and this is definitely the thread to post it in.

13 Likes

They get bonus points for being up-front about it, but otherwise, yeah. By which I mean nope.

14 Likes

Double plus nope.

Living with ignorance is not for me.

I’ll go along with that. What is OKC anyway? All I’m googling is Oklahoma City.

7 Likes

OKC = OK Cupid. It’s a dating site.

8 Likes

vegan Trump hippies :confused:

7 Likes

Once you start drinking the one kool-aid, you can sample all the other flavors.

7 Likes

It’s pretty conclusive evidence vegans are definitely nor all left-wing.

6 Likes

I had some bad chili once that turned into a High Vibrational Diet. Definitely a nope.

9 Likes

Apparently the guy has never heard Rick Wiles’ opinion on the matter:

14 Likes

Wow. The version of God that guy worships has got to be the stupidest omniscient being ever.

11 Likes

It’s sad when syphilitic dementia takes hold.

3 Likes

The Ars post is bad enough, but seriously, do not click through to the source article unless you want to see the pictures that inspired descriptions like this:

you probably really do not want to click this...

Foley catheter placement attempt proved to be difficult due to a buried penis, but was successfully accomplished by a dorsal slit procedure. Initial pathology revealed scrotal skin with extensive deep dermal acute inflammation and liquefactive necrosis.

:scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

[deep, sobbing inhalation]

:scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

6 Likes

Perhaps now he’ll take better care of himself.

:face_with_thermometer:

2 Likes

Right? I’m definitely one of those men who does not like to go to the doctor, but holy smokes! that’s just ridiculous.

That being said, there were a couple people in the Ars comments who seemed to think there might be mental health issues at play as well. And it’s not clear if the guy was from Panama but in Texas, or in Panama and the doctors were from Texas, so money/insurance might have been a factor. I just couldn’t bring myself to search for any more articles on the topic to try to answer those questions.

5 Likes

Oh, that poor man. He lived for about 30 years with that. And then nearly died from it.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised. To have any kind of tumor or growth like that and not doing anything about it suggests some kind of mind/body disconnect that can’t be healthy.

3 Likes