Apocalypse Watch

“Let’s just not do Venus yeah?” That’s the real tipping point: concern about the viability of the pink slime that keeps things going.

3 Likes

The author expands on context and framing here. (THREAD)

3 Likes
6 Likes
4 Likes

At least the Australian Army won’t be running out of ammunition like they did during the Emu War.

4 Likes

FYI, I found some of this disturbing.

3 Likes

i found that rather satisfying. turnabout seems fair.

Well yeah…I meant the close-up of the wolfen-riot-squad.

i thought they were bears. perhaps i will watch it again.

1 Like

I think it’s a matter of “I saw this” and “You saw that”; they appeared wolfen to me, ursine to you. Whatever.

1 Like

upon a second viewing, i’m still sticking with ursine, particularly because it makes it a bear-on-bear fight, but aside from that i also noticed that the contract the polar bear is signing earlier says “all work and no play makes jack a dull boy” over and over, which is also an amusing nod.

2 Likes

Oh frak.

5 Likes

It’s amazing how life is going on so normally while we look over the edge into various abysses.

1 Like

a Ukaranian 737-800 uh, caught fire, crashed, and exploded near Tehran, killing 180 passengers and crew.

2 Likes

state-of-the-union-2020

:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

i’m taking some heart this morning that it appears that they chose to strike a (relatively) less inflammatory target, and by some accounts even warned Iraq and the US ahead of time so troops could get to safety, and that there’s apparently no casualties. it appears it was a very firm warning. now it’s up to Cheeto Mussolini to do the right thing… oh crap, and now i’m worried again.

9 Likes

We are currently in a timeline where Iran is making rational, diplomatic choices, and the U.S. is the country out of control due to tyrannical ‘leadership’.

13 Likes

It is January 11th in New York City and it is 64 degrees outside.

8 Likes

Tornadoes and flash floods last night. It’s supposed to start snowing in an hour. Midwestern weather is famously variable but this is ridiculous.

9 Likes

I feel ya!

9 Likes